The Student Room Group

would you be annoyed if a guy made you pay for your drink

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lllllllllll
No, we're going for just a coffee haha. I'm broke for this entire month so one is more than enough :P

Ooooh well that's totally different. Have you specified you're going for coffee? I thought you meant an alcoholic drink in which case for some reason some girls expect the guy to pay for their drink, but coffee I think you'd be safe with, she should fully expect to buy her own damn coffee.
Reply 21
Original post by walking in glass
why should she expect him to pay for her drinks? why doesn't she pay for his drinks?

bc OP was originally going to pay for drinks but he was skint
Imo the person inviting should offer to pay for the invitee, male or female.
if you told me (if I was the girl), than I would be happy to pay. if you don't say anything I would be really pissed.
I don't let anyone pay for my drinks male or female, I don't like the idea of owe-ing someone something I would rather just buy my own drinks with my own money. Only accessions would be birthdays :biggrin:
so I just asked this girl out for a drink and I'm seeing her tomorrow. Problem is I'm too broke to buy a drink, should I just get her to pay for it herself

I am so glad that I don't have this problem. In my relationship we both agree to share the drinks. Men shouldn't always have to pay for everything.

Obviously now and again but some women out there expect the men to pay for literally everything:angry:
Original post by mkap
whats wrong with what i said?

I misunderstood the OP, I thought the OP was saying they couldn't buy her drinks. I apologise

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Katarvi
Ooooh well that's totally different. Have you specified you're going for coffee? I thought you meant an alcoholic drink in which case for some reason some girls expect the guy to pay for their drink, but coffee I think you'd be safe with, she should fully expect to buy her own damn coffee.

I haven't told her we're going for coffee. I guess I should tell her

I would made that clear, yes.
Original post by rockrunride
Imo the person inviting should offer to pay for the invitee, male or female.

This. Hope you have money for your own coffee at least.
Original post by Kaneki
I feel for her (possible) future husband/wife.

Here's an interesting post from another forum:

I skimmed the full article.

Women should run far, far, away from ANY male who refuses to take care of her the way she wants to be taken care of. That varies from woman to woman, but if the guy isn't doing your bare minimum, he should be off your radar.

And IMO all women should seek out guys who can do for them gladly, cheerfully, and willingly, whether it's financially, romantically, materialistically, or whatever. You can do bad by your damn self.

Women are treasures, and if a male is LUCKY ENOUGH TO GET WITH ONE, he needs to do whatever he can do to keep her happy and satisfied with him.

I'll take it even further and say don't just look for a guy who meets your requirements. Look for one who goes the extra mile and exceeds said requirements. Sorry-ass dudes deserve to stay single. Why reward them with your presence in a relationship--your time, your body, and your female energy?

Source
Reply 33

At the same time as telling her you are gonna meet for coffee maybe tell her that you are broke this month but next month will be better. Hope it goes well. 😎
Reply 34
Original post by BlackSweetness
She can pay for her own drinks!

Equality 2k16

And what do you know of equality when you constantly bash LGBT people
Original post by Kalail
And what do you know of equality when you constantly bash LGBT people

I dont bash anyone..
I just dont approve
Reply 36
Too broke to pay a drink? I'm sorry if that's the truth, but then don't ask her out :/

It has nothing to do with the fact that she's a girl so you should pay, but imo if you ask someone out you have to pay.
Reply 37
Well if she's respectable she'll pay for her own drink "I'm an independent woman and I don't need no man.........paying for my drinks!". But since you asked her out I guess it would be polite.
so I just asked this girl out for a drink and I'm seeing her tomorrow. Problem is I'm too broke to buy a drink, should I just get her to pay for it herself

Probably would depend on the type of girl tbh. If she's a bit of a gold-digger she probably won't be impressed by your broke ass. If she's truly into you as a person though, she shouldn't mind and if I was in her situation I would be offering to pay for your drink aswell anyway
To be fair, I wouldn't even expect a guy to pay for my drinks, I feel guilty accepting things from others but really appreciate the thought. When paying just mention that you are a bit tight for cash and if she's the right girl she'll understand and just enjoy the night you had out together.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending