The Student Room Group

Exclusion- Will this affect my future?

Before I o into detail about why I was excluded let me explain what kind of person I am. Before the incident I had 100% attendance, attended 25/25 lessons each week fully equipped and on time. I always put my everything into lessons as I am a big believer in you get what out what you put in and if you don't work hard then there is no point in working at all. I am a House Captain of the House I am in and I work on the anti-bullying council and help younger members of the school on a regular basis. My teachers described me as keen, articulate and a joy to teach and I genuinely loved school. Last week in a Geography lesson I had an argument with a girl who I didn't really know as she is hardly in school and she was taking about my best friend in a really bad way. This girl then asked me if a horrible rumor was true about my friend. I got very defensive of my friend - we had a heated argument which was never resolved. The next lesson I received threats, horrible comments and nasty looks. I rose above it and chose to ignore it, the teacher was well aware of was happening and she notified our head of house. On Friday - the end of lunch time, this girl walked past me with her sister and friend and threw water all over me, this happened three times more I ignored them all as I did not want to argue. I walked with my friends to the last lesson of the day and while waiting for the bell, this girl approached me and asked why I did not stand up for myself when she threw water on me and spoke badly of me. I said I didn't want an argument. Things became quite heated once again as she mentioned personal issues (I was shocked as I hardly know her) and she was very provocative. A teacher came out and asked us to cam down in which we did and as I walked away she pulled my hair down to the ground and tried to stand on my head. She then poked me in the eye and bit my finger. I have never had a fight before in my life, however I do take lessons in kick-boxing and judo. She was a stereotypical 'girl' fighter. Slapping, hair pulling, scratching. I don't know what came over me as I have never had an aggressive impulse before, I kicked her, headbutted her, punched her and took her to the ground. Two teachers pulled us apart and we have not seen each other since. Yesterday I spent the day in school in Inclusion/ referral/ internal exlusion. And today I was notified by the head teacher that I would receive a 1 day external exclusion for the violence and the horrifying display of aggression towards another student in the school. They appreciate that she began the fight and they took into consideration the build up to the fight. I am not unable to attend the year 11 prom and my House Captain privileges and duties have been removed. I completely understand the punishments however I am shocked as to how my subject teachers are treating me. They will not ask me questions or answer them, they don't look at me and they say my name in disgust when they call it out on the register. I am particularly upset that she did not get excluded as she did start things.
I know this is sort of a rant but I really need advice on how to move on and deal with this situation.
Will this exclusion affect me in future life when I go for college, uni and job application and interviews?
You won't be able to apply to universities now.
Reply 2
Original post by Misunderstood_08
Before I o into detail about why I was excluded let me explain what kind of person I am. Before the incident I had 100% attendance, attended 25/25 lessons each week fully equipped and on time. I always put my everything into lessons as I am a big believer in you get what out what you put in and if you don't work hard then there is no point in working at all. I am a House Captain of the House I am in and I work on the anti-bullying council and help younger members of the school on a regular basis. My teachers described me as keen, articulate and a joy to teach and I genuinely loved school. Last week in a Geography lesson I had an argument with a girl who I didn't really know as she is hardly in school and she was taking about my best friend in a really bad way. This girl then asked me if a horrible rumor was true about my friend. I got very defensive of my friend - we had a heated argument which was never resolved. The next lesson I received threats, horrible comments and nasty looks. I rose above it and chose to ignore it, the teacher was well aware of was happening and she notified our head of house. On Friday - the end of lunch time, this girl walked past me with her sister and friend and threw water all over me, this happened three times more I ignored them all as I did not want to argue. I walked with my friends to the last lesson of the day and while waiting for the bell, this girl approached me and asked why I did not stand up for myself when she threw water on me and spoke badly of me. I said I didn't want an argument. Things became quite heated once again as she mentioned personal issues (I was shocked as I hardly know her) and she was very provocative. A teacher came out and asked us to cam down in which we did and as I walked away she pulled my hair down to the ground and tried to stand on my head. She then poked me in the eye and bit my finger. I have never had a fight before in my life, however I do take lessons in kick-boxing and judo. She was a stereotypical 'girl' fighter. Slapping, hair pulling, scratching. I don't know what came over me as I have never had an aggressive impulse before, I kicked her, headbutted her, punched her and took her to the ground. Two teachers pulled us apart and we have not seen each other since. Yesterday I spent the day in school in Inclusion/ referral/ internal exlusion. And today I was notified by the head teacher that I would receive a 1 day external exclusion for the violence and the horrifying display of aggression towards another student in the school. They appreciate that she began the fight and they took into consideration the build up to the fight. I am not unable to attend the year 11 prom and my House Captain privileges and duties have been removed. I completely understand the punishments however I am shocked as to how my subject teachers are treating me. They will not ask me questions or answer them, they don't look at me and they say my name in disgust when they call it out on the register. I am particularly upset that she did not get excluded as she did start things.
I know this is sort of a rant but I really need advice on how to move on and deal with this situation.
Will this exclusion affect me in future life when I go for college, uni and job application and interviews?

I've been excluded before.

Didn't affect me at all.

I think it's only expulsions that affect you :smile:
Original post by Kyx
I've been excluded before.

Didn't affect me at all.

I think it's only expulsions that affect you :smile:

Ah thank god! I questioned the school when they issued me with the Exclusion ad they said it would stay with me for the rest of my life.
Why not ?
Original post by Sesshomaru24U
You won't be able to apply to universities now.
Reply 5
Original post by Misunderstood_08
Ah thank god! I questioned the school when they issued me with the Exclusion ad they said it would stay with me for the rest of my life.

nope. never even mentioned. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending