The Student Room Group

good kid, maad city - a small-town kid's A-level journey

banter
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
banter
(edited 7 years ago)
Definitely do it as an insurance. I'm really happy with my decision to do M3 as an insurance.

Fully supporting you btw.. You have achieved so much and you can achieve so much more.

Best of luck, man
Reply 3
Original post by aymanzayedmannan

Inspiring story. You can do this, we're supporting you! :h: How'd your mocks go today?

Funnily enough, I'm wondering whether I should do S3 as an insurance module as well. :laugh:
Original post by Zacken
Inspiring story. You can do this, we're supporting you! :h: How'd your mocks go today?

Funnily enough, I'm wondering whether I should do S3 as an insurance module as well. :laugh:

What, incase you miss out on 100 in one of your other modules? :wink:

I think you should, though!
Reply 5
Original post by Student403
Definitely do it as an insurance. I'm really happy with my decision to do M3 as an insurance.

Fully supporting you btw.. You have achieved so much and you can achieve so much more.

Best of luck, man

Original post by Zacken

Thank you two, you've been true friends from the start. :smile:

My mocks went alright - I think I have 70+ in S2 and a decent mark in Chem 6 as well. Chem 4 went great yesterday. Tomorrow's Physics 4 - not a nice paper!

Let's do the module together! It looks nasty, though :tongue:
Reply 6

My mocks went alright - I think I have 70+ in S2 and a decent mark in Chem 6 as well. Chem 4 went great yesterday. Tomorrow's Physics 4 - not a nice paper!

As have you. :smile:

Ew. I still need to learn A2 physics ffs, you're already doing mocks. :rofl:

Sounds like a plan. :yep:

Aw glad to be there :h:

Still well done! Gl with unit 4 - tbh it can be tough but if your school is gonna do a 2015 paper or something, then it's absolute piss so you'll be fine.

My mate's doing S3 as an insurance and he's said it isn't too bad - I hope you guys don't find it too tough
Reply 8
Aw glad to be there :h:

Still well done! Gl with unit 4 - tbh it can be tough but if your school is gonna do a 2015 paper or something, then it's absolute piss so you'll be fine.

My mate's doing S3 as an insurance and he's said it isn't too bad - I hope you guys don't find it too tough

The newer papers are easier? That's a first I've heard for any subject. I'm laying off the past papers right now because I need to get the actual content clear in my head. Unit 5 is nicer in my opinion and also has kinder boundaries

Zacken...? Tough? HAHAHAHAHA
The newer papers are easier? That's a first I've heard for any subject. I'm laying off the past papers right now because I need to get the actual content clear in my head. Unit 5 is nicer in my opinion and also has kinder boundaries

Zacken...? Tough? HAHAHAHAHA

True XD

Yeah it's really weird. The boundaries for unit 4 have been getting higher (but ofc they are noticeably much easier - typically >72 for full). Yes Unit 5 does seem nicer and I would recommend laying off the past papers. Much better to power through them at the end.

Unit 4 is a very "game"able paper, in terms of questions being repetitive
Reply 10
True XD

Yeah it's really weird. The boundaries for unit 4 have been getting higher (but ofc they are noticeably much easier - typically >72 for full). Yes Unit 5 does seem nicer and I would recommend laying off the past papers. Much better to power through them at the end.

Unit 4 is a very "game"able paper, in terms of questions being repetitive

That's good news then, it's a little like chemistry in that sense. I've been practising Unit 5 and the questions seem a little out of the blue - there was literally one that went like "the difference in wavelength is ... nm. Find the angular velocity of the Sun." Took me a while to figure that one out :colondollar:
That's good news then, it's a little like chemistry in that sense. I've been practising Unit 5 and the questions seem a little out of the blue - there was literally one that went like "the difference in wavelength is ... nm. Find the angular velocity of the Sun." Took me a while to figure that one out :colondollar:

Sounds very Edexcel-ly

I'm sure we'll be seeing a lot of these, come summer
[video="youtube;AYa0_FohCfw"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYa0_FohCfw[/video]
Reply 12

OMFG :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Reply 13
Sounds very Edexcel-ly

I'm sure we'll be seeing a lot of these, come summer
[video="youtube;AYa0_FohCfw"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYa0_FohCfw[/video]

One of those TSR fags is amongst us...

Spoiler

One of those TSR fags is amongst us...

Spoiler

Betcha they were talking about physicsmaths or something xDD such a tsr fag :wink:
Reply 15
Good luck with your journey, "small-town kid" :tongue:
Reply 16
Original post by elhm18
Good luck with your journey, "small-town kid" :tongue:

go study physics
Reply 17
GOAT title
Good Luck with achieving those grades, I'm sure you'll be able to achieve them! :smile:
Good luck on your goals, you can do it!!

Quick Reply

Latest