The Student Room Group

What age should you leave your mum house?

If you have to pick an age, what is the average age you should leave your parents home so they can be free from you :smile:

Want to move out soon.
Share experiences if you can ? :smile:

Scroll to see replies

18 you leave for University so thats kind of leaving (3/4 years) but I think around 20 or 21? If not then 21+? Depends to be honest.
Depends when you can afford it, for some people it is easier than it is for others for a variety of reasons.

I moved out 3 years ago for university but I don't class myself as truly moved out as I will likely have to move back home for at least a year after uni to save up money before I can become properly independent and move out with a stable income and a safety net of savings.
Original post by RomanKing
If you have to pick an age, what is the average age you should leave your parents home so they can be free from you :smile:

Want to move out soon.

I left at 19 and now I'm 22 in a couple of months and plan to stay out
It depends on the person, I'm 19 and still live at home and I don't think I'll move out really soon, not for a couple of years maybe, I am saving though :u:
Reply 5
Woo thanks for the replies
When someone gets unhappy with your presence
@luminarychild As soon as possible.
Original post by mango peeler
@luminarychild As soon as possible.

I'm sorry no one adopted you as a child, don't take it out on me
Original post by luminarychild
I'm sorry no one adopted you as a child, don't take it out on me

lol
Perhaps a year or two after finishing my university degree(s) and when I have a stable job.
Reply 11
I would say between 18 and 25.

I'm 23, I'm still at my parents but I'm gonna move out in a few months cause I got a job.
Reply 12
25/26. Or when you get married.
It depends if you want to buy a house depending on your income middle to late twenties if you want to rent early to middle twenties.
Reply 14
Original post by RomanKing

Want to move out soon.

If I was you I would try to stay with my parents as long as possible
I'll be staying with my parents until I get married lol.
I want to leave now.

I pray get to move out for university or my life is over. :redface:

Though I guess it depends for everyone. If things are going well at home - just stay. If otherwise you should leave. If you want to be more independent then move out. It's all about personal preferences. :dontknow:
Reply 17
Left at 18 and never went back. Best age imo.
Reply 18
Original post by undercxver
I want to leave now.

I pray get to move out for university or my life is over. :redface:

Though I guess it depends for everyone. If things are going well at home - just stay. If otherwise you should leave. If you want to be more independent then move out. It's all about personal preferences. :dontknow:

Same:jumphug::frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I was 17 when I left. All depends what your priorities are, everyone is different. I'm an only child and very self sufficient, so I wanted my own space early.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending