The Student Room Group

Advice on postgrad telephone interview with Richmond University

Evening, all!

I just found out I have a telephone interview with Richmond University tomorrow, for the MA in Art History and Visual Culture.

It's my first postgrad interview and although it's over the phone, I'm still really nervous! I'll be doing some prep tonight (I guess similar to prepping for job interviews), but I'd absolutely love to hear your advice on how to ace the interview.

Thank you so much in advance :-)

Deborah
Is that Richmond University in America or Britain?
Reply 2
Original post by similarBlank
Is that Richmond University in America or Britain?

In London :-)
Prep as you would for a job interview but you have the added advantage of being able to have notes in front of you without anyone knowing. Be prepared to talk about why you, why this course and uni, your career plans and your knowledge and experience in the field. Also have some questions for them prepared.
Reply 4
Original post by alleycat393
Prep as you would for a job interview but you have the added advantage of being able to have notes in front of you without anyone knowing. Be prepared to talk about why you, why this course and uni, your career plans and your knowledge and experience in the field. Also have some questions for them prepared.

Thanks so much, @alleycat393! That's exactly what I've done, so I'm glad to hear that. Just printing off my notes now. Thanks again :-) Keep your fingers crossed for me!
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 5
Thank you everyone - turns out I got an unconditional offer from Richmond! Thanks for your advice.
Well done! Congratulations :smile:
Original post by deborah_bl
Thank you everyone - turns out I got an unconditional offer from Richmond! Thanks for your advice.

Congratulations! :smile:

But be careful as Richmond is a private university and thus you only get £6000 of student loans and have to pay the other £3000 yourself, as far as I know. Just letting you know, because I found that out after getting an unconditional from there as well.
Reply 8

But be careful as Richmond is a private university and thus you only get £6000 of student loans and have to pay the other £3000 yourself, as far as I know. Just letting you know, because I found that out after getting an unconditional from there as well.

Thanks so much - where did you get this info from? My course fees are £3,500 per year (2 years) and I'll be applying for a government post-grad loan...

The OP is applying for a postgraduate course, not an undergraduate degree.
Original post by Good bloke
The OP is applying for a postgraduate course, not an undergraduate degree.

Yeah, I think postgraduate might be different, just wanted to post that information just in case anyway. :smile:
Reply 11
Ah I see - yes, am postgrad. Phew, I got a fright there!

Thanks so much anyway :-)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending