The Student Room Group

Can't concentrate ;/

i try to revise but like after 2 minutes I'd end up day dreaming about random stuff, stuff like me with super powers and stuff lol and like if not that i would end up writing songs instead of writing my essay ;/ i get medicine for my adhd and stuff but it's not able to keep me concentrated. Anything i can do to keep focused. bad thing is that when ever were in the exam hall ill end up thinking about random stuff instead of doing the exam ;O but i do get extra time which is a bonus :smile:

- I HAVE AN EXAM TOMORROW ;O AND AM POSTING QUESTIONS ERGH LMAO.
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
NEITHER LOL MY COURSEWORK WAS DUE BEFORE CHRISTMAS AND I STILL HAVEN'T DONE IT

help me lol
Original post by Milzime
NEITHER LOL MY COURSEWORK WAS DUE BEFORE CHRISTMAS AND I STILL HAVEN'T DONE IT

help me lol

:grouphugs:P.S I love the new TSR layout
Original post by PrincessZara
i try to revise but like after 2 minutes I'd end up day dreaming about random stuff, stuff like me with super powers and stuff lol and like if not that i would end up writing songs instead of writing my essay ;/ i get medicine for my adhd and stuff but it's not able to keep me concentrated. Anything i can do to keep focused. bad thing is that when ever were in the exam hall ill end up thinking about random stuff instead of doing the exam ;O but i do get extra time which is a bonus :smile:

I know how you feel :redface: you could try listening to music (if the lyrics distract you then listen to instrumental music), it really helps me :smile:. If you type in "studying music" into YouTube there are videos with hours of peaceful music.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Benedict2314
I know how you feel :redface: you could try listening to music (if the lyrics distract you then listen to instrumental music), it really helps me :smile:. If you type in "studying music" into YouTube there are videos with hours of peaceful music.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ill try it out thanks :smile:
ill try it out thanks :smile:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPf1W5LfsEk

or anything by Studymusicproject

got me through my uni degree
Original post by CrawfordDave
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPf1W5LfsEk

or anything by Studymusicproject

got me through my uni degree

thankkss :smile:) love it! it will help me to fly of to my very own little world
thankkss :smile:) love it! it will help me to fly of to my very own little world

I don't have ADHD but I procrastinate to the max. I also find it difficult to concentrate for longer than about 20 minutes but when I stick my earphones in and listen to study music on youtube i can literally knock out an hour or 2 of pure work because it focuses my mind on the task at hand.

...now stop getting distracted and do your Work!
I don't have ADHD but I procrastinate to the max. I also find it difficult to concentrate for longer than about 20 minutes but when I stick my earphones in and listen to study music on youtube i can literally knock out an hour or 2 of pure work because it focuses my mind on the task at hand.

oooOo 20 minutes is a lot, the max for me is like 2 minutes lel. 2 hours of work ;OOOOOOOOOOOO wow
oooOo 20 minutes is a lot, the max for me is like 2 minutes lel. 2 hours of work ;OOOOOOOOOOOO wow

but seriously you should log out of TSR and any other distraction websites like facebook etc and put your phone on airplane mode to minimise distractions
but seriously you should log out of TSR and any other distraction websites like facebook etc and put your phone on airplane mode to minimise distractions

My phone is on airplane mode but I still turn my WiFi on :/
Original post by ellie0497
My phone is on airplane mode but I still turn my WiFi on :/

what exam are you doing tomorrow? you could look at past papers etc
Reply 12
why not dilute?

Spoiler

To concentrate I listen to classic music while studying, it really helps me, try ^^
Original post by z33
why not dilute?

Spoiler

i dont have a text book lol ;O
Reply 15
i dont have a text book lol ;O

¬_¬ specification then?
what exam are you doing tomorrow? you could look at past papers etc

Maths and yh i am ;p just scrolling down the whole paper and then back up lol doing that a couple of times
Original post by z33
¬_¬ specification then?

yup and thanks :smile:
Maths and yh i am ;p just scrolling down the whole paper and then back up lol doing that a couple of times

you should do a mock test

ie. try and complete one of the past papers (without cheating)
and do it within the exams given time frame. That will give you an indication to whether you are prepared or not.
you should do a mock test

ie. try and complete one of the past papers (without cheating)
and do it within the exams given time frame. That will give you an indication to whether you are prepared or not.

im answering the questions :smile: and i can't do it in exam time and rules. i can't sit in a exam hall for 1 hour continuously never mind at home lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending