The Student Room Group

Who still believes in God in this day and age?

Like 5 billion people lel
I do not know how people can reject the overwhelming evidence for evolution when accepting creationism, but I always fear if I declare myself an atheist, the unlikely discovery that God does exist will come back to haunt me.
isn't this just like the other thread? people are stupid i suppose
Reply 4
Not God...

I recently heard a quote and I've been thinking about it a lot lately...

"Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the universe or not. Both are equally terrifying."

And I've been thinking....
Two possibilities exist: we either live indefinitely, or not. Both are equally terrifying.

What I mean by that is, we either live forever and we are able to observe the past *ie, right now* without affecting it, or, we die.

I like to think of this as my explanation for coincidences, because I get a lot of them, and I feel like there's more behind it than 100% coincidence... of course, it still could be, but it's a thought I like to dwell on.

Because either, what I do in my life will help humanity progress to indefinite life, or not...
Original post by teenhorrorstory
Like 5 billion people lel

Pretty sure more than that. But the population/proportion of secularism is certainly rising.
Original post by Nigel Farage MEP
I do not know how people can reject the overwhelming evidence for evolution when accepting creationism, but I always fear if I declare myself an atheist, the unlikely discovery that God does exist will come back to haunt me.

Respect.
Why can you not believe in both evolution and God? I do. Alsp, a lot of people disagree with religion, and use that as logic to not believe in God. In my eyes, religion is the word of man interpreting the message from God, which means it will always be inherently imperfect. That doesn't mean I don;t believe in God.
Original post by Nshizzle941
Why can you not believe in both evolution and God? I do. Alsp, a lot of people disagree with religion, and use that as logic to not believe in God. In my eyes, religion is the word of man interpreting the message from God, which means it will always be inherently imperfect. That doesn't mean I don;t believe in God.

Believing in God but not evolution changes the very basis of religion is which cannot be acceptable; it is changing religion to make meet critiques of religion. Using Christianity, if the Bible says God created everything, Christians cannot take the Bible, remove from there everything that has created doubt, and then say God still exists. Christians need to accept everything that happened in the Bible, or reject the Bible as being ridiculous, in doing so rejecting religion. The stories of the Bible not being true, and the existence of God are not mutually exclusive things the religious people make them out to be.
(edited 8 years ago)
Your threads are so repetitive :bebored:
Not everyone's Christian by the way.

I believe in God because I believe there is someone up there who is a greater being and can guide me through life alongside culture and spirit. (Short answer.)
sometimes. usually 5 minutes before an exam i haven't revised for
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Bardwell
"Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the universe or not. Both are equally terrifying."

omfg XCOM Enemy Unknown reference right here
Original post by PrincessZara

Lol Zara

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest