The Student Room Group

Pre-U Chemistry or A-Level Economics?

Hi

I have decided to do Maths, Further Maths, French, German (A-Levels) and either A-Level Economics or Pre-U Chemistry.
Please help!!!

I am not sure what I am going to do at uni, but I am thinking of applying to US...
Economics :biggrin: But that's my personal preference, not too sure about you; I guess it helps if you know what you want to do. Give it a bit of time, you've got until September. :biggrin:
Reply 2
I don't know whether this is too late, but I did both and tbh Economics was a better choice. I put more effort into chem and I ended up getting an M2 (equiv. B), and missed my econ A* by one mark. For econ, I got an E in my mock, and my teacher had almost given up. But in chem I was at an M1 level. Right now, I've missed my offer and for the course I want to read, most unis that offer it won't take a resit applicant.

However, if you do want to take chem, but your school only offers Pre-U chem take another board outside of school, such as Edexcel, OCR or AQA. If you are a mathematical person I would personally recommend Edexcel.

Quick Reply

Latest