The Student Room Group

How to throw a good house party

I'm having a small house party (more of a gathering really). got about 20 people coming for my 18th, obviously there will be music and (lots of ) alcohol. But i feel like since it's small it might feel a bit dead so how can I keep everyone entertained?
I tried too hard with my 18th last week and tried to play a film, haha. Nobody watched it and instead people ended up sitting in a small room in a circle and playing Truth or Dare and Never Have I Ever. I had about the same number of people there, too. Basically I'd suggest alcohol (which you already say you have) and pizza and snacks like doritos, which are always popular d:

Also drinking games if you don't mind people getting drunk. Everyone seemed to make that a thing at mine even though I was trying to discourage heavy drinking, oops! And if you want it to be really house-partyish then dim lighting and loud music are a must. People tend to entertain themselves apart from that
get some games on deck... twister, charades etc, if theres no dj, get speakers and have a good mix with songs ppl can vibes to, get party lights and turn the lights off...ppl would be feel more relaxed and free, make sure everyone has at least two shots before drinking.

hope this helps
Reply 3
Original post by whydocowsfall
I tried too hard with my 18th last week and tried to play a film, haha. Nobody watched it and instead people ended up sitting in a small room in a circle and playing Truth or Dare and Never Have I Ever. I had about the same number of people there, too. Basically I'd suggest alcohol (which you already say you have) and pizza and snacks like doritos, which are always popular d:

Also drinking games if you don't mind people getting drunk. Everyone seemed to make that a thing at mine even though I was trying to discourage heavy drinking, oops! And if you want it to be really house-partyish then dim lighting and loud music are a must. People tend to entertain themselves apart from that

ok thanks, isnt getting drunk the whole point of your 18th :smile: haha
Original post by maximo17000
ok thanks, isnt getting drunk the whole point of your 18th :smile: haha

Haha yeah, I was just a little unusual in that I wanted something pretty chill. d: Invited more people than I should have done for that though, so had to change plans at the last minute :3
i got a games console and projection screen and it was great
Reply 6
Three words:

cards against humanity

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending