The Student Room Group

I want to be friends with my co worker.

.... But I don't know if he wants to.

I have a slightly shy co worker who I've become really close to. I am in a temporary job and I'm only there for four more months.

My colleague is really relaxed and open when he's with me and we have talked about so much the weeks I've been working with him so far. There are colleagues there he's known a long time who don't even know he's gay. He's lovely and eventhough it's nothing romantic (he's not bi), I would love to be friends outside of work once I've finished in this job.
The only thing is, he never goes to any staff nights out, doesn't have Facebook and generally does not mix private life with work life and has told others he prefers not to take work colleagues phone number so I don't want to invite him out with my friends as I feel it goes against what he's already made clear he prefers. To keep collegues as collegues.

He does like me though. It's obvious.

What are some signs he is likely to stay in contact after I leave my job? Ive never had a problem making friends before. This is weird for me!
Reply 1
How is it obvious to you that he likes you? I would wait until your last day and then say you've loved hanging with him and would love to keep in contact, hand him your number and leave it at that. Once you've left he has no excuse not to keep in contact, as you won't work there any more.
You have to make a move of some sort. You could suggest doing something. After a couple attempts, if nothing then it's probably not worth it.

You don't struggle with making friends so make others and don't try to force something if it doesn't look like it'll work out. But if you think he likes you then that sounds like a positive sign :smile:.
Ask if he wants to go do something with you, I dunno like a coffee, see a movie, help each other with some project in your life. I'm just throwing stuff out there but you should probably make some kind of an advance.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending