The Student Room Group

Not sure if she's interested...?

I've been seeing a girl for about a month and things seem to be going well between us. We meet up every week, she always seems to enjoy herself, we've get along very well, and we've been a bit intimate.

The thing that's bothering me is that since the last time we met up, she's been very quiet with me to the point where I'm getting this vibe that she's not interested. I've been trying to message her over FB and I end up receiving short answers, often hours apart after I've sent them, despite her being active constantly. Saying that, we've arranged to meet each other next week.

On the one hand I feel like I'm stressing too much, but on the other I can't shake off the feeling I'm being messed around here. I'm not sure what to do.
See how things go on your next date and you can make a decision from there. Also don't initiate any conversations via text etc with her - wait for her to message you. If she doesn't then you pretty much have your answer.
Reply 2
It's weird because initially she was the one to make contact and was enthusiastic about seeing me again. Since I've made effort arranging things between us, she's dropped off from communicating between dates. At this point I'd normally chalk it up to lack of interest and would back off, but she's accepting my offers to meet up so it leaves me wondering. Given how we've been a bit intimate, in-person things go great, and I've been told outright by her friends that she's interested, you'd think I was confident, but I'm not. My gut feeling is skeptical.
Original post by Anonymous
I've been seeing a girl for about a month and things seem to be going well between us. We meet up every week, she always seems to enjoy herself, we've get along very well, and we've been a bit intimate.

The thing that's bothering me is that since the last time we met up, she's been very quiet with me to the point where I'm getting this vibe that she's not interested. I've been trying to message her over FB and I end up receiving short answers, often hours apart after I've sent them, despite her being active constantly. Saying that, we've arranged to meet each other next week.

On the one hand I feel like I'm stressing too much, but on the other I can't shake off the feeling I'm being messed around here. I'm not sure what to do.

She sounds a little like me with guys - to be honest, it really does sound like she is into you, but she's just extremely shy, probably because she really likes you and doesn't want to mess it up, and/or she doesn't want to seem too keen by taking things further. About the FB messages, some people just don't like communicating through social media that much, like me, and again, she could just be nervous and self-conscious when talking to you - its good that you get along in real life, maybe she's less enthusiastic over FB because she feels a different type of pressure, especially if its after you last met up - she might feel more vulnerable the more you get to know eachother. FB messaging is a bit daunting if you're talking to someone who you like but don't know really well, especially because of the 'seen' feature, this might put her off. You could ask a friend that speaks to her over FB and see if they get the same kind of treatment? Or just ask her yourself why she seems a little put out over FB?

Anyway, you're right to be a little bit stressed, everyone has doubts at that stage in a relationship, but I think you've got a good shot if you regularly meet up and know you're out of the friendzone. Hopefully she'll get more confident around you in time, for now just be the confident one and she'll begin to trust you more. Good luck :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 4
Well it turns out she's really interested in me, or so all her friends are saying, but still communication between us is sparse. In fact I'm feeling a bit disheartened and annoyed because I discovered she's talking to close mates on a regular basis. It doesn't make any sense to me whatsoever.
This is my situation right now. He made more contact before, we'll agree to meet up and everything will be okay. Other than that the conversation is lacking. He'll respond quickly, ask questions back, however it's nothing like before. Its weird.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending