The Student Room Group

Transferring: Second Year Entry UCAS Help

Hey all,

I have not been liking my university or course since the very beginning. So I emailed around different unis asking whether they'd accept me for second year entry. The answer was yes so I'm now attempting to start my UCAS application. Anyone else doing this? Could do with a bit of guidance.

Firstly, the university I'm wanting to transfer to said they will look at my UCAS application for predicted grades at uni, past results at uni and a reference etc. However, I am confused as to where you enter such information? Where on UCAS can I put in my predicted and past grades at uni? How do you go about doing this? Or do I just ask my tutor to put such information in my reference?

Also would any of you recommend adding information such as why you want to leave your current uni/why you prefer the uni your transferring to on you're personal statement? And would you recommend putting what you've learnt so far on your personal statement? And any personal statement tips in general will be handy! :smile:

Lastly, I may need to resit a couple of exams at my current uni in August - will this affect me being accepted for transferral in the summer? Or will they wait until my final results (+ resits) are out before considering me?

+ any general help on how to fill out UCAS for second year entry and anyone's experiences will be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks guys,
K :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by kirank8
Hey all,

I have not been liking my university or course since the very beginning. So I emailed around different unis asking whether they'd accept me for second year entry. The answer was yes so I'm now attempting to start my UCAS application. Anyone else doing this? Could do with a bit of guidance.

Firstly, the university I'm wanting to transfer to said they will look at my UCAS application for predicted grades at uni, past results at uni and a reference etc. However, I am confused as to where you enter such information? Where on UCAS can I put in my predicted and past grades at uni? How do you go about doing this? Or do I just ask my tutor to put such information in my reference?

Also would any of you recommend adding information such as why you want to leave your current uni/why you prefer the uni your transferring to on you're personal statement? And would you recommend putting what you've learnt so far on your personal statement? And any personal statement tips in general will be handy! :smile:

Lastly, I may need to resit a couple of exams at my current uni in August - will this affect me being accepted for transferral in the summer? Or will they wait until my final results (+ resits) are out before considering me?

+ any general help on how to fill out UCAS for second year entry and anyone's experiences will be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks guys,

There's a link in my sig (click the little blue arrow at the bottom right of the post) that demonstrates how to enter university modules on UCAS.
Original post by kirank8
Hey all,

Many thanks guys,

literally what im doing right now do you have any advice my current university is just not for me and i emailed other unis and the univeristy of surrey said yes now im just confused about my ucas application
Original post by SoOriginalX
literally what im doing right now do you have any advice my current university is just not for me and i emailed other unis and the univeristy of surrey said yes now im just confused about my ucas application

Read the first post of the University Transfer FAQ thread at the top of the applications, clearing and ucas forum

Latest

Trending

Trending