The Student Room Group
Reply 1
i think a poety Q on an evil/currupt/good/ heroic character (well something on a spacific type of character) will come up

i think a drama Q on climax or turning point will come up.

i think a prose Q on dilemma, or ending will come up.

(oh god, please!)
Reply 2
Yeah predictions more or less as above.

The teacher teaching our play said she reckons climax will come up

And the teacher teaching us a text says that she has a feeling that ending will come up. Fingers crossed if ending comes up for Jekyll and Hyde i'm sorted, theres three,lol. And that makes a fantastic essay.
Reply 3
I hope there's a prose question on setting, and something on emotions for poetry. Then I'm sorted. That's not a prediction though, that's just a hope.
Reply 4
I am doing intermediate 2 english tommorrow.
For the Drama Q- I hope it is about a relationship between two characters so i can do macbeth

For the Prose Q- I hope it is on a key incident for lord of the flies

For Poetry- I hope it is on death or emotion so I can do visiting hour
Reply 5
Every person I meet who does Macbeth also does Lord of the Flies... hmm..

Well for Drama myself want a Relationship Question but for The Crucible or a question on flaws but that came up last year so maye a powerful female character or even a Climax/Turning Point.

For Prose I'm doing Catcher so a question on Grief, Lonliness or Symbolism/Setting would be good.
I'm doing Macbeth/Frankenstein/The Crucible and/or Kubla Khan/Batter My Heart. I Haven't actually read any of the prose/plays, have relied on summaries and only really know a couple of Macbeth quotes, which I have worked on independantly. Higher English is so unpredictable, I haven't a clue what specific thematic concepts may pop up tommorow, although I can hope, and do hope for a question on Conscience and/or a poetry question on the psychological workings of the mind does appear.

Edit, I am absolutely crap at English, got 57% and 52% in both prelims
i'm hoping that for Drama a question on a the changes in a major character will come up or a question on key speeches/dialogues which haven't come up for several years.
for Poems maybe a question on a personal experience so I can do Revelation, or a relationship one so I can do Anne Hathaway

aaaaaaaaaaaaaargh I can't believe it's tomorrow!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
Reply 8
Hurray for summaries. I haven't read the Crucible either! I liked last year's drama question about a character with a flaw. That would be perfect for the Crucible and Proctor. I'm doubting very much something like that would come up two years running though. :frown:

Latest

Trending

Trending