The Student Room Group

I'm going to fail my mocks. What about real exams?

I won't go into too much detail, but I've been seeing a counsellor for a few weeks now about personal issues. I have BDD which is making me feel really low all the time. I'm exhausted every hour of every day, and when I'm not sleeping I'm usually in a low mood. Because of this it's been impossible for me to study. I hate the way my teachers look at me, like they know I'm stupid, and I hate that I can't even study to prove them wrong. I've just taken a Psychology and History AS mock paper and I'm taking a Statistics and Economics one today. I know I'll fail them all (I did really bad on the first two and I know it'll be the same today), but I don't know what to do about the real AS exams in May. This is my only chance to do something with my life and I'm ruining it! I don't know what to do or how to go about studying when I'm like this. I can't fail my exams. I really need A's!!!

Have any of you been able to study well and turn your results around when you're going through depression/disorders?? How did you manage it??
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by Hannah_Vic
I won't go into too much detail, but I've been seeing a counsellor for a few weeks now about personal issues. I have BDD which is making me feel really low all the time. I'm exhausted every hour of every day, and when I'm not sleeping I'm usually in a low mood. Because of this it's been impossible for me to study. I hate the way my teachers look at me, like they know I'm stupid, and I hate that I can't even study to prove them wrong. I've just taken a Psychology and History AS mock paper and I'm taking a Statistics and Economics one today. I know I'll fail them all (I did really bad on the first two and I know it'll be the same today), but I don't know what to do about the real AS exams in May. This is my only chance to do something with my life and I'm ruining it! I don't know what to do or how to go about studying when I'm like this. I can't fail my exams. I really need A's!!!

Have any of you been able to study well and turn your results around when you're going through depression/disorders?? How did you manage it??

Hi,

Sorry to hear that you've been struggling. :hugs: I know what you're going through: I was the same during my A2 exams (and still am at uni, unfortunately).

Have you tried breaking your study down into manageable chunks? That's what I did.

You need to look after yourself mentally too. :h: Take naps during the day if you can, or even give yourself a break for 5-10 minutes. Does your school know that you're struggling?

Quick Reply

Latest