The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Any Leeds Students willing to answer a few questions?

Hi!

I'm a slightly uninformed yank that wants to study here. Would anyone be interested in messaging me to answer a few questions on studying in Leeds?

Thanks! =D
Original post by icehockeyolive
Hi!

I'm a slightly uninformed yank that wants to study here. Would anyone be interested in messaging me to answer a few questions on studying in Leeds?

Thanks! =D

Absolutely not :wink:
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 2
[QUOTE=icehockeyolive;62627821]Hi!

Thanks! =D

Studied at Leeds, albeit a few years ago. Absolutely cracking uni and location. What will you study and what do you want to know?
Original post by Zarek
Studied at Leeds, albeit a few years ago. Absolutely cracking uni and location. What will you study and what do you want to know?

I already got most of my information for the most part but would you happen to know anything about the geology, earth science, or meteorology/climatology degrees?
Reply 4
Cant really help beyound what you will read on line as I studied a biological science. But I can tell you that Leeds is a prestigious uni with great courses and top talent staff. It is also a great place to live with superb campus, fine student facilities and scene, cheap private sector accommodation and a vibrant well connected city. I spent a very happy 3 years there. Good luck.
Original post by Zarek
Cant really help beyound what you will read on line as I studied a biological science. But I can tell you that Leeds is a prestigious uni with great courses and top talent staff. It is also a great place to live with superb campus, fine student facilities and scene, cheap private sector accommodation and a vibrant well connected city. I spent a very happy 3 years there. Good luck.

Alrighty, sounds great! Glad to hear accommodation is cheap! What is "cheap" accommodation by British standards? I think most things tend to cost more over there. Also, how diverse is the campus as well? Thanks for the help! :smile:
Reply 6
[QUOTE=icehockeyolive;62725959]Alrighty, sounds great! Glad to hear accommodation is cheap! What is "cheap" accommodation by British standards? I think most things tend to cost more over there. Also, how diverse is the campus as well? Thanks for the help! :smile:
University accommodation you can see the prices of on line I'm sure. It will not be cheap but probably good value for the quality offered. Then Leeds has the advantage of a large rented sector in Headingly and Woodhouse that is quite rough and ready but in a shared student house it was very cheap. Google Unipol and student accommodation to have a look. I had two very happy years in Woodhouse despite the fact that in hindsight it was damp, cold and a little bit burglary ridden. As to diversity, like every UK city uni it will be diverse, interesting and tolerant. The SU is phenomenal. If the course is what you want I would go for Leeds.
Original post by Zarek
University accommodation you can see the prices of on line I'm sure. It will not be cheap but probably good value for the quality offered. Then Leeds has the advantage of a large rented sector in Headingly and Woodhouse that is quite rough and ready but in a shared student house it was very cheap. Google Unipol and student accommodation to have a look. I had two very happy years in Woodhouse despite the fact that in hindsight it was damp, cold and a little bit burglary ridden. As to diversity, like every UK city uni it will be diverse, interesting and tolerant. The SU is phenomenal. If the course is what you want I would go for Leeds.

Alrighty! That sounds pretty awesome! Thanks again :smile:
Reply 8
Feel free to message me, I'm in my first year here!
Original post by lorn.
Feel free to message me, I'm in my first year here!

I got most info already but thanks! :smile:

Would you happen to know anything about the earth science or meteorology departments though?
Original post by icehockeyolive
I got most info already but thanks! :smile:

Would you happen to know anything about the earth science or meteorology departments though?

What will you study? I am going to study in the earth science department, I am a geophysicist =)

Quick Reply

Latest