The Student Room Group

UCL Change to Computer Science?

Hey, I currently have an offer for chemical engineering at UCL however after having done research I have come to realise I have stronger passion for computer science rather than chem eng, I was wondering if I was to achieve A*AA or higher do you think it would be possible for me to change to computer science on results day?
Hey,

You'll definitely need to contact UCL to see whether they'll allow you to transfer to the Comp Sci, since your personal statement wouldn't really be able to apply to CS in general but maybe if you qualify for CE they may be able to transfer you easily.

If there's anything else you'd like to ask, just quote me by clicking thebutton and I'll try to help you out as soon as possible.
Reply 2
Original post by Cheesecake Ali
Hey, I currently have an offer for chemical engineering at UCL however after having done research I have come to realise I have stronger passion for computer science rather than chem eng, I was wondering if I was to achieve A*AA or higher do you think it would be possible for me to change to computer science on results day?

what subjects are you doing atm?
Original post by HarunH1
what subjects are you doing atm?

I am doing Chemistry Mathematics and Physics.
Original post by thecatwithnohat
Hey,

You'll definitely need to contact UCL to see whether they'll allow you to transfer to the Comp Sci, since your personal statement wouldn't really be able to apply to CS in general but maybe if you qualify for CE they may be able to transfer you easily.

If there's anything else you'd like to ask, just quote me by clicking thebutton and I'll try to help you out as soon as possible.

Should I call the chemical engineering admissions or computer science admissions and also would you recommend me just sticking to chem eng and maybe doing a post grab if I am unable to transfer courses?
Original post by Cheesecake Ali
Should I call the chemical engineering admissions or computer science admissions and also would you recommend me just sticking to chem eng and maybe doing a post grab if I am unable to transfer courses?

You would definitely need to call the Chemical Engineerning department but I'd image they would've expected you to know what you were applying for before you applied, so a transfer may not be possible.

If you aren't able to transfer, then yes, I'd definitely recommend you to stick to Chemical Engineering or perhaps finding another uni that you really like in clearing that does Computer Science on results day.

If there's anything else you'd like to ask, just quote me by clicking thebutton and I'll try to help you out as soon as possible. ·
Zzzbccc

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending