The Student Room Group

AS General Studies Revision

Scroll to see replies

Mine start at 2 end at 4:40...
Reply 21
assiral2008
I have a general studies exam tomorrow - the one with the maths and stuff - does anyone know what I'll need to bring?

AQA Unit 3 - Space? TAKE A PROTRACTOR, PENCIL AND COMPASS. I can't emphasise that enough. I'm re-sitting it as I'm fussy and got a B last year overall in General, and we had to draw a pie chart. Of course, no-one in our year had a protractor or compass.

Mine's at a weird time! 2.55PM? :confused:
Reply 22
Oh, and a calculator.
I have two this afternoon as well lol
I'm sitting AQA: Cultural Domain, ref 2691 today at 1.30, I don't need a protractor or compass do I?!
We did need a calculator in the Scientific Paper. How comes you are doing AQA Gen Studies but are doing different papers?
Reply 25
Got two starting at half 1.

FInishing at like 4 :-(
Reply 26
I did the entire general studies as in january (aqa all three units). it was so easy, we didn't have any lessons, didn't see any past papers, didn't revise for it whatsoever, and still came out with 100% in all three units. don't worry - its not a proper subject - just a general skill of writing essays, doing gcse c grade maths and so forth.
Reply 27
They're not written four years. Only a year and a half. My psychology teacher writes them!
Reply 28
Definately needed a calculator for this one
Reply 29
Both papers went quite well today, better than that one on Monday.
Reply 30
Heyy

How do you structure the unit 1 questions, when you have a choice of like six?

thanksss
Reply 31
i am getting so frustrated, how on earth do you revise for a general studies test it could be on ANYTHING. also the teachers have taught us nothing, they dont even know what is on the syllabus which is crazy! :mad: any help??
hayley91
i am getting so frustrated, how on earth do you revise for a general studies test it could be on pb]ANYTHING. also the teachers have taught us nothing, they dont even know what is on the syllabus which is crazy! :mad: any help??

Because it's general studies :p:
Really, I'm not revising and I don't think they expect you too, I wouldn't worry about it.
Reply 33
I got both mine in two Hours, Unit 1 and Unit 2. I have not actually revised for it yet, all we do in the lessons is chat, does anyone have any good links. :smile:
Reply 34
Okay, since Student Room has been fairly unhelpful with General Studies revision, I decided to share my notes, which I have uploaded here..

http://allthingsvampireacademy.blogspot.in/2012/06/some-general-tips-for-general-studies.html

Note# This is not an advert. Just a resource link.

Hope it helps. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest