The Student Room Group

Wicked (The Musical)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
I havn't read any of this thread, so don't really know what the discussion is here, but just wanted to say; don't you think the show could get by perfectly without the second act?

Don't get me wrong, I loved Wicked.

The first act is pretty long though, and let's face it, the end of Act One is a more than suitable ending. Act Two felt so cheesy and rather odd, with the all the things that work out as they do. Plus as Wicked is predominantly a prequal, I didn't really like how it took us through the whole of TWOZ film (they squashed a two hour film into about 15 minutes..)

I still love it though, and won't hesitate to see it again. Defying Gravity is an amazing song.
I really really wanted to go see wicked :frown:
Along with a million other shows in the west end.
I love the soundtrack!!!
x
I think ( still persuading parents) that I'm going to Wicked. I'm staying over in London in the Feb 1/2 term. Ohmygosh ! I'm so excited.
Afterglow
WICKED!!!!

I LOVE Wicked! :biggrin: It is one of my favourite musicals of all time. I saw it in Chicago and oh, it was amazing. I want to see it again and again and again.

I also want to see the one in London. Mainly because of Adam Garcia (and Idina Menzel although I heard she's not in it now).

No one mourns the wicked!

Can someone tell me if they know... if you sit on the far edge of the first set of stalls... is your view really obscured? Am I better off sitting at the back? (IN London this is)

xxx
Reply 64
I saw Wicked last August - such a good show!

But those egg-head things twirling around during 'One Short Day'... I don't get what those were... :confused:

Soundtrack is amazing though! :biggrin:
Reply 65
messynessie
Can someone tell me if they know... if you sit on the far edge of the first set of stalls... is your view really obscured? Am I better off sitting at the back? (IN London this is)

xxx

Theatremonkey is a brilliant site for things like this so have a read :smile: You'll probably miss some of the stage, but i wouldn't think it'd be too bad

-x-
Reply 66
www.16to25live.co.uk

Wicked tickets 15 quid in stalls until some time in feb.
Reply 67
i LOVE wicked, i saw it in december with kerry ellis and dianne pilkington and was AMAZING!!
Reply 68
WICKED IS ****ING AWESOME. end of. i cannot praise it enough. if you haven't seen it then go! now!! lol if you queue early then you can get front row seats for just £25!
i went with friends last year, we got front row centre, and it was epic!
Reply 69
I really really really want to see this. I may do so when I go to London at the end of the month.
I have three words ...
GO
SEE
IT!

I have seen it 7 times and each time is just as magical as the last!

Definitely worth seeing... xD

I'm actually obsessed! lol!!
messynessie

xxx

I wouldn't recommend the far edges! The seats there are ok... but your view is a little blocked off from there...

I recommend centre seats in rows b/c - h if you want a truly magical experience! =]
Reply 72
yes, definitely check where your seats are when you are booking. Top price seats don't guarantee a good view.

I had the top tier tickets, I was in *looks at wall* Stalls M45, which gave a really obscured view of the stage. The other time I had cheap Leicester Sqare tickets (reduced top tier) and I had Stalls E14. The second was a perfect view even if it wasn't in the middle of the row.
I've seen this show far too many times :rolleyes:
I adore Wicked too, i mainly dont like the more 'modern' musicals, but i loved it.
And defying gravity, what a song! Im planning to sing it at my next audition!
Reply 75
It's the most amazing musical you will eveerrrr see. :biggrin:

I went to see it last July on Broadway and, seriously, one of the best days of my life. We actually got there to find there were no seats and I was gutted. Had been looking forward to it for monthss and didn't even think about booking in advance, so yeah. We entered the lottery draw and managed to get front row centre seats for $25. Couldn't believe it :biggrin:

So yeah, I'd definately recommend it. I'd have loved to have seen Idina Menzel and Kristin Chenoweth.. but I've heard Kerry Ellis in London at the moment/soonish is also so amazing. :]
Reply 76
I love it
Seen it 4 times, sad but ok

Seen Idina/Kerry Ellis play Elphaba, preferred Idina

But I went the other month and it's now Alexia Khadime [played Nala in lion king on west end] and I think she's AMAZING...she's filling in while Kerry Ellis does Broadway !

I read the book after the musical, despite owning it before i saw it, very different, fascinating in its own way
Reply 77
I agree about Alexia, she really is quite amazing as Elphaba, I think better than Kerry Ellis. She has something a bit more raw about her in certain parts when shes singing, makes her sound a bit more like a wicked witch!
Reply 78
Yeah, some people have said she's kind of 'growly' [the ironic jokes that can be made about her run in the Lion King] but I think it works amazingly well. Loved her. My friend came down to see it with me, I'm glad he saw her and not Kerry Ellis [who is great but..preference goes to Alexia]

Oh and whoever said it , I agree that the understudy on children in need whose name escapes me now is/was excellent, the children in need bit wasn't...great and I was sketpical when I heard that she'd be standing in for Helen on my birthday when I went to see it but she was MUCH better in a full show.
Booked tickets to go and see Wicked on Monday for the matinee performance today - £40 each in the stalls at the last minute...not too bad a price, I thought!

Unfortunately got caught up in the signalling cock-up at Rugby, no trains coming to or from Euston, so missed our showing :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest