The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

Free parking at University of East Anglia (UEA)?

I currently go to UEA and mostly park in the small car park outside the uni, by the pedestrian entrance near the lake. However, this year it has suddenly got so busy that I rarely get a space. Does anyone know any secret places or tricks to park for free? I know the parking at UEA is monitored by a private company so technically I could just pile up the parking tickets and not pay them, but I'd rather not. I normally only have to park for an hour or two. Also, this year I have a module at Earlham Hall and I can't find anywhere near to park.

Please help!
I've never understood why some people think they should have a place over others when it comes to car parking. Park and Ride and the 25/26 buses are more than sufficient. Seems a bit lazy, and it's not very environmentally friendly. If you must get a car to UEA ask people nearby if you can use the space outside local homes while they're at work, I'm sure they'd be happy to come to an arrangement.
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
I usually only have 1 hour a day and I don't live near a bus stop so the travelling would take me a very long time. I also suffer with severe asthma which prevents me from walking long distances (I could walk as its only 30 minutes away). would you suggest posting a letter to a few local residents with drives then?
Original post by Norwichanglia
I usually only have 1 hour a day and I don't live near a bus stop so the travelling would take me a very long time. I also suffer with severe asthma which prevents me from walking long distances (I could walk as its only 30 minutes away). would you suggest posting a letter to a few local residents with drives then?

It is unfortunate but I imagine the university gets this a lot. Park and Ride I think is probably still adequate as the bus would take you there and back. I would recommend leafleting those people with drive ways, try the 'Secret Norwich' Facebook group too.
okay thanks for your help :smile:
The little car park near opposite the zebra crossing? You could try finding somewhere available on the side roads off North/South Park Avenue.You'll probably have more luck off South park, providing your lectures aren't at the same time as the school run.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending