The Student Room Group

when should i start studying for my may june 2016 igcse's?

I do 9 subjects. ive got most of my revision notes but i havent memorised anything. should i re write all my revision notes? i'm multimodal meaning im a bit of all the learning styles. i want to ace it all. does anyone have good geography 2016 notes that you would like to share? or any good websites for geography pleassssee.... thanks
Start now. Good luck.
Reply 2
Original post by 1jonam16
Start now. Good luck.

thanks.... what should i start doing? re-writing my revision notes?
Reply 3
Ideally the earlier the better, but do it bit by bit otherwise too much could effect your brain
Reply 4
I advise starting around 12 weeks before your first exam, thats what I'm doing anyways :smile:
Also, if you want to ace all your exams, watching youtube videos on the topics really helps me. If you're short on time, you can even speed up the videos.
Youtube videos and reading the specification got me 8 A*s in my recent mocks but it doesn't work for everyone.

How about doing a week of revising in different ways to see which way works best for you? Then you can stick to that method in the up and coming weeks.
Reply 5
Original post by ikhan94
Ideally the earlier the better, but do it bit by bit otherwise too much could effect your brain

Thanks..... I'm just really confused on where to start cus i've got all my revision notes but I know the concepts but not liek word by word definitions so that is certainly a goal for me. Any advice on where to start? Re writing notes or memorizng?

Reply 6
Original post by g3ob
I advise starting around 12 weeks before your first exam, thats what I'm doing anyways :smile:
Also, if you want to ace all your exams, watching youtube videos on the topics really helps me. If you're short on time, you can even speed up the videos.
Youtube videos and reading the specification got me 8 A*s in my recent mocks but it doesn't work for everyone.

How about doing a week of revising in different ways to see which way works best for you? Then you can stick to that method in the up and coming weeks.

WOW! Congrats.... What subjects do you do?
If it's 12 weeks then if i start know i'm already a bit late right? I start my exams on the 2nd of May...

How did you start studying? Like the first week of revision what did you do? Like did you re write notes, mindmaps, flashcards....?

Do you use any specific youtube videos/channels? I think that's definitely worth a try especially because my highest learning style is aural....

Reply 7
Original post by ndk123
Thanks..... I'm just really confused on where to start cus i've got all my revision notes but I know the concepts but not liek word by word definitions so that is certainly a goal for me. Any advice on where to start? Re writing notes or memorizng?

Well look up the definitions and all the things that your not sure of so you know everything. :smile:
The earlier, the better. Now is a good time. I mean, not at this current moment since it's 11:13PM but. You know what I mean!
Reply 9
Original post by ndk123
WOW! Congrats.... What subjects do you do?
If it's 12 weeks then if i start know i'm already a bit late right? I start my exams on the 2nd of May...

How did you start studying? Like the first week of revision what did you do? Like did you re write notes, mindmaps, flashcards....?

Do you use any specific youtube videos/channels? I think that's definitely worth a try especially because my highest learning style is aural....

Thanks I do maths, rs, english lang, english lit, physics, biology, chemistry, french, sociology computing and im about to start further maths. My yr11 targets in year 10 were mostly Bs so finding the right revision style does pay off!

Yeah id probably start now, my first exam is the 16th may so i start next week :smile:

In the first week for my mocks i made a revision timetable, wrote flash cards and mindmaps for difficult topics and highlighted my existing revision notes. I started late so ididnt have time to rewrite my notes in full.

Maths - rawmaths
Computing - computer science tutor
Physics - drphysicsa + misslowephysics

I recommend searching for your subject and exam board and accounts/playlists should come up that you might find useful :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest