The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Regarding Masters in Climate and Atmospheric Science

How is University of Leeds to study masters? Does anyone have any personal experience of pursing masters in climate and atmospheric science from School of Earth and Environment of University of Leeds? What are the rankings of this particular course/school in terms of global rankings?
Hi, Congratulations for getting an offer! I assume you are joining the MRes program at the University of Leeds. The course is very well designed and begins with a week long field trip to Arran, Scotland. Throughout the year, you will receive a lot of support from the program leader (Ryan Neely) as well as the other staff of School of Earth and Environment/Institute for Climate and Atmospheric Science. As you must have noticed, the program is made of several components (collectively 4 super modules). These super modules are made up of several modules (blend of typical classroom/exam based modules as well as research/presentation/essay based ones). To get a MRes degree, you will need to pass in all the four super modules and particularly do well in the dissertation (since nearly 50% of the total assessment comes from it). Typically, students select two modules for every semester but there is no rule as such. You will be assessed only on four modules but you can attend other modules without any assessments (i.e no exam or essay submission is needed). You will need to shortlist a few climate and/or atmospheric science related modules from the list:- (http://webprod3.leeds.ac.uk/catalogue/modulesearch.asp?L=UG
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Will be happy to respond. Can you please message me. Will prefer to have a discussion by e-mail. Thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest