The Student Room Group

The best A level subject?

Poll

Best A level

Which subject to you think is the best (by this I mean the most fun, engaging or useful)

Gonna put my neck out on the line and say Philosophy.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Tank Girl
Which subject to you think is the best (by this I mean the most fun, engaging or useful)

Gonna put my neck out on the line and say Philosophy.

There are two options for Philosophy but I voted for the one you chose. :tongue:
Additional Further Maths :sexface:
Reply 3
Original post by Absent Agent
There are two options for Philosophy but I voted for the one you chose. :tongue:

How logical...
We can all just agree it's Chemistry :smile:
I would say Geology (out of the subjects I chose, anyway). I found it to be the most interesting subject I did, and it is also very relevant in terms of solving many issues we are facing at the moment (finding more natural resources, developing better methods of dealing with natural disasters as the world's population increases etc) :smile:
Reply 6
@Tank Girl You are missing Psychology (one of the most popular A-levels...)
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by jneill
How logical...

What do you mean?

Unless my eyes see Philology as Philosophy, there are two options for philosophy in the poll.
Reply 8
What do you mean?

Unless my eyes see Philology as Philosophy, there are two options in the poll for Philosophy.

Yes you are correct. OP made an error - I suspect one of them should be psychology...

My "logical" comment was because OP said it was her favourite subject, so it was logical for her to put it twice (jk).
History for essay

Chem for sciences
Reply 10

Original post by jneill
@Tank Girl You are missing Psychology (one of the most popular A-levels...)

Thanks guys! I obviously have an unconscious bias towards Philosophy- it was meant to be Psychology. I have changed it now :biggrin:
(edited 8 years ago)
AFM or physics.
English - not for the studying of emotions of blue curtains, but valuable for any career really and the skills you learn with it are applicable no matter what you do and at what level :smile:
Well, don't forget that great mathematicians were in fact philosophers.
Reply 14
here we go again ...
Reply 15
Original post by dalejb1234
English - not for the studying of emotions of blue curtains, but valuable for any career really and the skills you learn with it are applicable no matter what you do and at what level :smile:

It's a close call between Philosophy and English IMO- Philosophy just had the edge because I enjoy arguing with people (partaking in a healthy debate) :colone:

But I miss studying English a lot! :cry:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Tank Girl
It's a close call between Philosophy and English IMO- Philosophy just had the edge because I enjoy arguing withpeople partaking in a healthy debate :colone:

But I miss studying English a lot! :cry:

I did both English and Philosophy and I can't argue with people :P just end up saying "well okay then" :colonhash: English always my personal favourite :biggrin:
Original post by TeeEm
here we go again ...

Don't worry Teem. The poll does seem to be biased towards your subject of speciality. :colone:
Reply 18
Don't worry Teem. The poll does seem to be biased towards your subject of speciality. :colone:

it is not biased ... it will come first
Reply 19
:frown: Physics not winning :cry2:

Quick Reply

Latest