The Student Room Group

What is the best choice for me?

I applied for MEng Computer Science and I received offers from the following universities:
Warwick
Bath
Durham
Manchester
I am hopeful that I will receive an offer from UCL too.

It is for sure one of the biggest decisions in my life so far and I am really undecided which universities to choose for my firm and insurance options. At first I wanted to choose UCL but I saw on unistats and other websites that the student satisfaction is really low, although the average salaries after graduation are way higher than the rest. I am not desperate for London, I want to go to the best university and be sure that I made the right decision.

Unfortunately, I couldn't attend any Open Day because I live in Romania. Which one do you think is the best in terms of graduate prospects, salaries, student life, course quality, facilities etc etc?
They are all good universities. I would choose the one where you would be happiest i.e. which city / town do you like the best. UCL will have higher salary figures because a higher proportion of their grads will stay in London. It doesn't mean they will be the wealthiest grads or have the best standards of living though which never shows up in salary figures.

From what I have seen of salary figures around the UK and in London, it doesn't really pay to work in London simply because of the high cost of living. I am very happy in my large 4 bed house in a nice part of South Manchester. But I could trade it in and wouldn't even be able to afford a small 1 bed basement flat in London.
Hi guys,I have a similar query. I really want to go to LSE, given that I get in, but the low student satisfaction is very off-putting. I want to study accounting and finance; LSE is my top choice. I have gotten offers from:u:niversity of Edinburgh (2nd choice)University of BristolUniversity of Manchester (back-up)King's College London (BSc Business Management...so not the obvious choice)So, is the low student satisfaction something to worry about? What university would I be better off in?Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest