The Student Room Group

OCR A2 Geography 30 Mark Essay Help

So I'm doing a Global Issues paper in a couple of weeks and whilst having done some practice essays over the year I am a little bit worried that I am not that confident on the 30 mark essays, particularly the structure of them and my teachers have not given very helpful advice!

I am wondering if anyone has done a practice essay and got 28-30/30 and could show it to me so I know what kind of essay gets the top marks? I have got an A in a few essays before but they have not been timed and I have had so many resources to get all of my points from, just a little bit unsure!

Thanks for all your help
Hey, I'm doing the same course :smile:
I hope this helps :biggrin:

I tend to start off with an introduction, including a definition of a key word in the essay question, and a brief overview of the points you will make in the essay.

Then 3 paragraphs, each with P.E.E. structure if you're familiar with it, discussing one factor relevant to the essay title in each.

For example in Population and Resources it may be MEDC, LEDC and NIC, or in Earth Hazards it may be magnitude, geology and time of day.

In some essays however you should use the third paragraph to compare two factors e.g. in any topic, the effect of human and physical factors. One paragraph on each, and one weighing up the two factors.

Finally a conclusion, summarising your points and bringing them together into a final answer.

And the most important thing - case studies! You should always have one case study for each point to back it up.

Ta daa :smile: Good luck! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending