The Student Room Group

Do I quit? Please help asap decision

Hey
I'm in my final year and have developed stress anxiety attacks and panic attacks from the stress of it all.
The workload has become very hard for me to cope, I'm also doing a dissertation along side the work.

Some of the work I'm baffled by, it's work I basically mentally can't do (I'm too thick) . I'm in way above my head and the grades I've gotten so far are between 35-45% so your lucky if I even come out with a third once I've done the current work and exams.

- my course is a top up and not worth as much as normal degree
- it's making me depressed and ill
- I don't think I'll want to use this in the future

I've a meeting with my teachers this week about it but they can't do my work for me etc

I need to somehow figure out how to do the work and start it now or I decide and quit .

Please help !
Thanks in advance
Original post by sdnwsk
Hey
I'm in my final year and have developed stress anxiety attacks and panic attacks from the stress of it all.
The workload has become very hard for me to cope, I'm also doing a dissertation along side the work.

Some of the work I'm baffled by, it's work I basically mentally can't do (I'm too thick) . I'm in way above my head and the grades I've gotten so far are between 35-45% so your lucky if I even come out with a third once I've done the current work and exams.

- my course is a top up and not worth as much as normal degree
- it's making me depressed and ill
- I don't think I'll want to use this in the future

I've a meeting with my teachers this week about it but they can't do my work for me etc

I need to somehow figure out how to do the work and start it now or I decide and quit .

Please help !
Thanks in advance

If you're in your final year then I can guarantee you're capable of doing this :smile: don't lose hope, as for your anxiety, have you spoken to your gp or a counsellor about it? If not, please do so, it's not something you need to live with and while I understand it is caused by the workload, you're in a cycle where the work is making you stressed and the stress is not allowing you to work. Speak to you teachers and see what they say, like you said they can't do your work but they'll give you advice on what to do next, I'm certain you are not the first student they have advised on this problem. I would talk to your family and friends about how you're feeling so they can support you through, but as someone in a somewhat similar position I can tell you that it's a temporary situation and you will get past it, good luck op! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest