The Student Room Group

Guys - how often do you get hit on/flirted with?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Several times, approx twice a week from 'friends of friends' or classmates. Twice today in labs. Problemous when you're not single.

Few tips for the less fortunate:
- Be somewhere where there are many single ladies e.g. biology
- Give out a vibe that you're too good for her
- Be a serious guy who does not look / sound creepy, does not look / sound desperate, does not look / sound beta
- Let them think you're rich i.e. put on smart fragrances and wear good quality outfits
- Just talk to them. Really just go straight and talk to her once, while smiling
- Be funny but not too funny, any lame joke would make them laugh

I am not the most attractive nor the most muscular. I wear glasses and have a monobrow. Though I am tall and well shaped. I let them think I am confident when I talk.

*Problematic*

:lol:
Original post by Cremated_Spatula

Basically just rofl'ing at the thought of getting hit on
I don't get flirted on, however I don't flirt either.
Original post by WoodyMKC
Being hit on/the girl initiating flirting with you means you don't do the approaching. I get flirted with quite a lot (unfortunately the majority are older women, but still) and I'm not a serious guy at all tbh, quite the opposite.

I would like a young stud like you. :sexface:

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/bc/9a/ab/bc9aabebae533a12e426ff861f5377eb.jpg
Reply 24
Assuming the "flirted with" part implies that the other person initiates, never really, as far as I know; I've initiated every romantic endeavour so far really
Reply 25
Original post by WoodyMKC
Being hit on/the girl initiating flirting with you means you don't do the approaching. I get flirted with quite a lot (unfortunately the majority are older women, but still) and I'm not a serious guy at all tbh, quite the opposite.

Me too. Yesterday, the woman at the post office said to me "bye sweet love" with a big smile. :lol:

But it's never the young ones. :s-smilie:
Original post by Student403
:five:

:cheers:
Original post by Milzime
no I'm not lmfao

so you would prefer for women to approach you and get chatted up? lol interesting

It really boggles the mind that this should be news to girls... why would we NOT want this?

To answer the thread about once a year from eligible women (i.e. discounting desperate old women who I seem to know a worrying amount of)

For some reason it always seems to happen on trains
I am not the most attractive guy, but I like to think I'm not bad. Maybe 7/10. Girls usually find me quite funny (I think) but I don't really think girls hit on me or flirt with me. It depends what you consider flirting. My ex girlfriend always used to say girls flirted with me, but I never saw it...
Original post by scrotgrot
It really boggles the mind that this should be news to girls... why would we NOT want this?

To answer the thread about once a year from eligible women (i.e. discounting desperate old women who I seem to know a worrying amount of)

For some reason it always seems to happen on trains

lol it's because I guess it's scary and cultural conditioning has forced us to believe it's always the bloke who should make the first move and anything else it unfeminine???

Just in case: I personally often strike up convos with people hah but I'd say that's not all too common? Then again I'm quite young so so so there's that

and I have been approached before by random blokes which I always find kind of creepy (but then again they probably don't know how old I am so can't be too mad?)

Spoiler

(edited 8 years ago)
a fair amount now that I pick up on the subtle stuff more. only been "approached in a bar" like once or twice though. majority is just from friends of friends or people from work or whatever.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 31
Not often.

I would say twice but the girls were flirty around every guy so I'm not sure it counts.
Reply 32
Original post by Milzime
do all these responses mean you would prefer for girls to be more forward and confident in initiating a conversation + flirting?

Obviously yes.
I am not the most attractive guy, but I like to think I'm not bad. Maybe 7/10. Girls usually find me quite funny (I think) but I don't really think girls hit on me or flirt with me. It depends what you consider flirting. My ex girlfriend always used to say girls flirted with me, but I never saw it...

Yeah, exactly.
Reply 34
When I flirt with them, a good amount have flirted back.
Reply 35

Apparently for many girls, "Hi, how are you dong?" is flirting.
Too often.

Quit the lip licking.

I just wanna go about my day without being bothered. :colonhash:
The girl that sits next to me in History started talking about my arms(biceps in particular), saying that they're really big and asking me If I go to the gym.

that better count, as it's the most recent I remember :holmes:
Original post by Milzime
lol it's because I guess it's scary and cultural conditioning has forced us to believe it's always the bloke who should make the first move and anything else it unfeminine???

As a very self aware person I was always keenly aware that chatting up a girl was pervy, creepy and of course no less scary for us than you.

Just in case: I personally often strike up convos with people hah but I'd say that's not all too common? Then again I'm quite young so so so there's that

More common at 16 than adults but continue to do it

and I have been approached before by random blokes which I always find kind of creepy (but then again they probably don't know how old I am so can't be too mad?)

Spoiler

Lol yes it is supply and demand, you lot get too much attention we get too little, so no guy will think you're creepy. Even the older women I don’t want to go near them but I don't really think of them as creepy, just normal people with a sexual response who long ago stopped caring about propriety.
Original post by Josb
Apparently for many girls, "Hi, how are you dong?" is flirting.

:confused:

Next you'll be telling me that they consider simply allowing men to be within their presence as flirting.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending