The Student Room Group

Guys - how often do you get hit on/flirted with?

As per title, just curious. Or how many times ever

Scroll to see replies

Once but she didn't have her glasses on at the time.

Still counts though, right? Right??
Very simple, I never have been, or I misinterpret everything which is likely with me.
Very rarely :/
Several times, approx twice a week from 'friends of friends' or classmates. Twice today in labs. Problemous when you're not single.

Few tips for the less fortunate:
- Be somewhere where there are many single ladies e.g. biology
- Give out a vibe that you're too good for her
- Be a serious guy who does not look / sound creepy, does not look / sound desperate, does not look / sound beta
- Let them think you're rich i.e. put on smart fragrances and wear good quality outfits
- Just talk to them. Really just go straight and talk to her once, while smiling
- Be funny but not too funny, any lame joke would make them laugh

I am not the most attractive nor the most muscular. I wear glasses and have a monobrow. Though I am tall and well shaped. I let them think I am confident when I talk.
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
Several times, approx twice a week from 'friends of friends' or classmates. Twice today in labs. Problemous when you're not single.

- Be a serious guy who does not look / sound creepy, does not look / sound desperate, does not look / sound beta
- Let them think you're rich i.e. put on smart fragrances and wear good quality outfits
- Just talk to them. Really just go straight and talk to her once, while smiling

I am not the most attractive nor the most muscular. I wear glasses and have a monobrow. Though I am tall and well shaped. I let them think I am confident when I talk.

This sounds like you're seeking girls out and hitting on them. That's not what I mean
I'm guessing you mean, if they initiate the flirt first instead of simply reciprocating? if so... never.

Also I'm sure jokes or things like handsome don't count lol, so yeah, not so great there either.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by Cremated_Spatula
I'm guessing you mean, if they initiate the flirt first instead of simply reciprocating? if so... never.

Also I'm sure jokes or things like handsome don't count lol, so yeah, not so great there either.

Yeah that's what I mean. Being called handsome could count if you interpret it as flirting
Yeah that's what I mean. Being called handsome could count if you interpret it as flirting

She might have been trying to flirt but it would have been in response to what I was saying (this is a girl I knew growing up, when we were about 16, it's a boring story), I wouldn't be offended but it's not exactly a compliment, it's like saying 'you're average looking' which is pretty bad if that's all they can muster saying.

And I misread your question, I have never been approached by a girl either. (not even if they wanted to chat to me just as a friend)
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 9
do all these responses mean you would prefer for girls to be more forward and confident in initiating a conversation + flirting?

Being hit on/the girl initiating flirting with you means you don't do the approaching. I get flirted with quite a lot (unfortunately the majority are older women, but still) and I'm not a serious guy at all tbh, quite the opposite.
Original post by Milzime
do all these responses mean you would prefer for girls to be more forward and confident in initiating a conversation + flirting?

Are you the OP?

Yeah, it would be a well appreciated & refreshing change
Are you the OP?

Yeah, it would be a well appreciated & refreshing change

no I'm not lmfao

so you would prefer for women to approach you and get chatted up? lol interesting
:rofl:
Original post by Student403

I second that :biggrin:
Original post by Milzime
no I'm not lmfao

so you would prefer for women to approach you and get chatted up? lol interesting

I'm probably not the type of guy you'd be interested in but I'm sure more self assured/ confident guys would welcome it too, it's flattering & breaks up the monotony of having to pursue all the time.
Original post by Amellia123
I second that :biggrin:

:five:

Just laugh along with <3
Just laugh along with <3

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending