The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
do any of u people think that vectors will come up
not at all....for as itz 1 electricity and then a random thing.
alevel- 1 electricity and maybe an oscillation
xox
Reply 22
I'm assuming you're all talking about the A/s practical here? Any ideas on the A2?
Wait the board started about A2 physics -feels like dropping before exam-
:toofunny:
Reply 24
Chiba wat you on about this is ABOUT AS PHYSICS .. Stop confucing everyone...the world needs less peoplelike you you know
does anyone have any idea/hints for a2 phy practical edexcel?
Chiba wat you on about this is ABOUT AS PHYSICS .. Stop confucing everyone...the world needs less peoplelike you you know

I confused myself and thought it was my mistake don't be such a drama queen the world needs less people like you. Calm down we all have a pratical next week.
Reply 27
lol, bitch fight!!! btw i think ravin was a bit OTT, he seems to b stressing big time about this test lol
Reply 28
well the group 2 practical is quite similar.. but instead of the 'bulb' in the electrical part.. it was a resistor i fink.. i dont remember but it wasnt the bulb im sure... and for the 2nd part of the question.. i just think there are going to be 2 different things rolling down the ramp... maybe a ping pong and a tennis ball or somfing...well just be sure to repeat each experiment.. apart from that.. its just basicly following what the paper tells u to do... well anyhow.. have fun every1 with their practicals this week... whoever has chem and bio aswell.. even more fun no? loool..
are trolleys are or anything to do with trolly's coming up on 16 wednesday exam.....???

& what is ramp practical????
Reply 30
pretty cool info here. We can virtually c wot is comin up. thnx 2 ever1 who contrbutd.
what do you think a ramp practical is? duh??????
Reply 32
for A2 here are some hints:-

x) learn da equations for a pendulum bob , spring mass system
x) learn ya moments a.c.w moments = c.w moments
x) learn to use da vernier caliper and micrometer screw guage
x) learn da capacitor graphs

planning

x) learn da magnetism stuff lyk drawing field lines n all those
x) learn how to find da power of an electrical component

g luck for da examz :smile:
Anyways what formulas do we need to know for the edexcel practical exam ???
My mate just got clues today but I didn't ask I will find out and post tips for the A2 practical okay:smile:
i am asking for the AS practical exam formulas....

thanks
Reply 36
CHIBA revoution ... i do take it back sry bout my comments ..it just that evryone talking about diferent things:wink: :confused:
Reply 37
So far Amit knows the paper inside out after his practyice experiments ... so amit could you please elaborate on ur group 1 experiments you predict will come up ..adding to IAMeters as well(btw will moment be in the AS practical on wednesday )

Amit ur a top guy fmnx for the info so far
Reply 38
amit_007
heey... well in my class.. we're too many so there are 2 groups.. but im in da 1st as i have my bio exam da next day... well he told us to revise these fings (he just guessed which practicals can come by the equipment asked to buy by edexcel):
question 1 part a: moments for mass.. measuring volume, mass and density.. use of vernier caliper or micrometer...
question 1 part b: electrical.. equations of ohms law, resistance and resistivity.. u have to find relationships between quantities to find constants and comparing the % diff of the constants... and learn bulb V-I graph and all
Question 2: Mechanics... ramp practical.. measuring time, height and distance... energy of Ke and Pe... GPE=mgh etc...
well da thing is... i dont know what to revise.. i mean.. on a weekend at home?.. with no equipment or anyfing?... so if any1 knows any good way to revise or learn for this exam.. please help me.. or if u have any good revision technique for the bio W1 alternative paper or chem practical... plzzz.. thnx a lot..

hi yh i kno wat u talking about but then i dont understand what relationship do you have to show???is it between x and the v(velocity) of the marble at the edge of the table???
Reply 39
Anyone have any information on the group 2 practical(AS)?

Latest