The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Interview Done, Offer Received... Have a problem..!

Hello,

As from the title itself, I had my UoM interview today, for Biotechnology, and I was made an offer for the course today from the Head of Biotechnology at the Interview Day. However, as strange as it seems, they have offered me to get an A in Biology, B in Chemistry and B in Psychology.

I am predicted ABB, with the A in Chemistry, B in Biology and B in Psychology. Now here it the problem. I see myself, not getting anything higher than a B in Biology, however, I am most likely will be going for the A* in Chemistry, as I find Chemistry the easiest.

Is is possible that I can achieve A*BB and still go and do Biotechnology, or would it be that I would have to go with what they have specified me to get?
Original post by User2334541
Hello,

As from the title itself, I had my UoM interview today, for Biotechnology, and I was made an offer for the course today from the Head of Biotechnology at the Interview Day. However, as strange as it seems, they have offered me to get an A in Biology, B in Chemistry and B in Psychology.

I am predicted ABB, with the A in Chemistry, B in Biology and B in Psychology. Now here it the problem. I see myself, not getting anything higher than a B in Biology, however, I am most likely will be going for the A* in Chemistry, as I find Chemistry the easiest.

Is is possible that I can achieve A*BB and still go and do Biotechnology, or would it be that I would have to go with what they have specified me to get?

If they specify the A in a certain subject they usually want that, because they want to know that you have reached a certain standard in that particular subject. There's always a chance that a university will still accept you if you miss your offer, but even they might not be in a position to tell you the likelihood of that happening until the have everyone's results and their intake figures in the summer.
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 2
Yes, that is true, but the one big problem that paves in my way, is my AS scores, which is entirely dependent on me performing well on my Biology AS resit ISA, which idk how it just messed up, so doing it for the third and final time so, need to nail that to give me some breathing room to get the grades in A2 to make an overall of an A grade in Biology. I hope they can accept either way. :tongue: What are you studying btw? :biggrin:
Original post by User2334541
Yes, that is true, but the one big problem that paves in my way, is my AS scores, which is entirely dependent on me performing well on my Biology AS resit ISA, which idk how it just messed up, so doing it for the third and final time so, need to nail that to give me some breathing room to get the grades in A2 to make an overall of an A grade in Biology. I hope they can accept either way. :tongue: What are you studying btw? :biggrin:

I sat my A levels a few years ago - in literature, maths, and economics (plus music, although similar to you I was asked to get my grades in three specified subjects, not music). I'm sure you can pull up that AS grade, though. I sat one of my maths modules three times - it was just one module that really didn't stick with me the first couple of times. When I sat and went through past papers and revised more thoroughly I finally understood it and ended up with an A after getting a D the first time.
Reply 4
This is my gap year and I am finding self-studying quite a breeze to do, provided that procrastination doesn't kick in LOL. I love doing my subjects but the papers, seem oddly challenging to do but hopefully, with better preparation, I can be able to smash these out of the park. I hope, and I do hope, that the AS Bio grade, just lifts upto a solid B and then, the A2 papers can do most of the scoring and get the A. Maybe, I should go for A*AB seeing, that will put me in a better position for University :smile:!

Are you at University then? Or are you working right now? :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending