The Student Room Group

Would you love your parents more than your spouse??

I just had an argument with a friend yesterday, I personally I will love my spouse more! I don't know buts the way it's I guess! I mean why move out in the first place if you love your parents more?

What's your view on this??
(edited 8 years ago)
It's a different kind of love (I hope lol) I think I'd love them the same amount but in different ways
(edited 8 years ago)
I would love both my parents and my future husband unconditionally!
But I wouldn't rank them in a hierarchy.

But then again my parents raised me, provided me a home, food, happiness, education, basically EVERYTHING!!!!!!So yeah, I defo love my parents more [obv] but I wouldn't view it as a competition if you get what I mean?!

There is no basis for comparison. Each of them has specific role to play in ones life and the love you give to each of them is unique in its own way!!
Reply 3
Already had this dilemma and spouse won, fortunately this happened in my head otherwise my parents would disown me.
It's different. I remember my dad telling me that his brother had told his daughter he loves his wife (not his daughters' biological mother) more than his daughter. They're not talking any more.
Reply 5
Its a different kind of love, i will love them both equally but in different ways :h:
My parents. But I'm extremely cynical, I could never trust anyone who wasn't a family member enough to love them unconditionally.
well as I (probably) haven't met my spouse yet i can't tell.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending