The Student Room Group
Students relaxing outside, University of Chester
University of Chester
Chester
Visit website

Should I attend an applicant day

I think I'm going to accept my offer from Chester, however because I live so far away, I may not be able to make an applicant day. Is it really necessary that I go? I don't feel like by visiting, I would suddenly decide to choose somewhere else. But I'm not sure. Any advice guys? Thanks :smile:
Original post by ShaunMahony
I think I'm going to accept my offer from Chester, however because I live so far away, I may not be able to make an applicant day. Is it really necessary that I go? I don't feel like by visiting, I would suddenly decide to choose somewhere else. But I'm not sure. Any advice guys? Thanks :smile:

I would say go, especially if you're thinking of it being your firm. Yeah, I think you should go to your firm and insurance choices that your thinking of juuust in case, you never know! Have you gone to any of their open days before?
Students relaxing outside, University of Chester
University of Chester
Chester
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by justastudent321
I would say go, especially if you're thinking of it being your firm. Yeah, I think you should go to your firm and insurance choices that your thinking of juuust in case, you never know! Have you gone to any of their open days before?

No, never been before. I can't decide between Chester, and Canterbury, but I'm visiting Canterbury's applicant day next week, because it's closer. Chester is just so far away, and it starts at like 10,it'd be hard to get there on time... But I know it's really important to visit somewhere if I'm going to live there for 3 years

I would strongly recommend to attend your open day. I went to the open day of the uni I thought I'd go for but I hated it. Thank god I went and saved myself from going to that uni! Love my uni that I go to now! :smile:
Even though travelling is a real pain in the arse, it's really really important to visit the university at least once before deciding.. you may turn up and think URGH I HATE IT or you may think wow this is where i want to spend my next 3 years!!! I found that my decision was made the second i stepped on the campus... actually even the walk to the campus! I was like omg why did i ever consider going to [my second choice] when I could come here haha :smile:
I think its important for you to do the journey as well so you can realistically think about how far you will be away from home and whether you are comfortable with that :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by Hevachan
Even though travelling is a real pain in the arse, it's really really important to visit the university at least once before deciding.. you may turn up and think URGH I HATE IT or you may think wow this is where i want to spend my next 3 years!!! I found that my decision was made the second i stepped on the campus... actually even the walk to the campus! I was like omg why did i ever consider going to [my second choice] when I could come here haha :smile:
I think its important for you to do the journey as well so you can realistically think about how far you will be away from home and whether you are comfortable with that :smile:

That's a good point to be honest! I didn't really take the journey into account (that I'd have to make it a few times a year) so I should get used to doing it

Definitely! When I was deciding which uni to go to, I had offers from Chester and Birmingham. I was set on going to Birmingham because it was the 'better' uni and higher in the leagur tables but decided to go to Chester's applicant day on a whim.

When I got there, I loved it. I felt so welcome and had students giving me their opinion and thoughts on the uni which was a welcome relief from all the formalities. That's why I now help out on applicant days to make sure prospective students get to hear things from our side because it is so influential.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending