The Student Room Group
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website

conditional offer - nursing- worried

hey everyone!
i have a conditional offer for adult nursing but i am so nervous that i am going to miss the grades i need, not by much because i am putting everything into my work but at the college i attend i feel like i get no help at all, everyone else in my class is going to different universities and has lower entry requirements to achieve and i don't get told the criteria to get the best grades and it's really getting me down now. I feel like i can't get excited for University because i might not get in. I am fine with the speeches and presentations i have to do on the course because i am confident but with essays i don't know what i need in to get the grades if that makes sense haha. I spend all my time on the work and so far have been getting the grades i need ( access course) but am scared i will get just one pass and i wont get in because i need merits and distinctions and obviously it is a competitive course to get onto.

i have put the University of Lincoln as my firm and havent chosen an insurance because this is the only University i want to go to , everyone was lovely , the place was beautiful :frown:
Reply 1
Original post by Lucymwxx
hey everyone!
i have a conditional offer for adult nursing but i am so nervous that i am going to miss the grades i need, not by much because i am putting everything into my work but at the college i attend i feel like i get no help at all, everyone else in my class is going to different universities and has lower entry requirements to achieve and i don't get told the criteria to get the best grades and it's really getting me down now. I feel like i can't get excited for University because i might not get in. I am fine with the speeches and presentations i have to do on the course because i am confident but with essays i don't know what i need in to get the grades if that makes sense haha. I spend all my time on the work and so far have been getting the grades i need ( access course) but am scared i will get just one pass and i wont get in because i need merits and distinctions and obviously it is a competitive course to get onto.

i have put the University of Lincoln as my firm and havent chosen an insurance because this is the only University i want to go to , everyone was lovely , the place was beautiful :frown:

You can always call and ask because you're right they're all lovely there. Some courses will always be undersubscribed and will still take students who don't quite get their grades.
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website
Reply 2
How long did it take after your interview to be offered a place ?? I have had a interview they said up2 2 weeks and I'm bursting to find out but interview was only 4 days ago 😃
Reply 3
hi!! i've also got a conditional offer for adult nursing at lincoln, and i've been looking for ages to find someone else who does haha :smile: is your offer 280 ucas points?
Reply 4
Original post by e_llyn
hi!! i've also got a conditional offer for adult nursing at lincoln, and i've been looking for ages to find someone else who does haha :smile: is your offer 280 ucas points?

hiii! congrats! im doing an access course so need 45 merits or distinctions xxx
Hi sweet! I've also received a conditional offer and it is my firm and only choice cause I loved the uni! I wish you all the luck in the world, with my course I am doing an extended diploma so I am gaining my grades as I'm going and they have told me which grades I need for each unit to gain a DDM! Please try to talk to you head of year or progression coach! They should be telling you how you're doing and what you need to be working at to gain the correct grades! Hope it goes okay, Beth X
That's great! Merits and distinctions will definitely get you the grades, honestly don't panic too much just keep it up! X

Quick Reply

Latest