The Student Room Group

Would you date a girl who has tattoos to cover burns/scarring?

It's not really a story I want to go into but I have a rather large tattoo to cover burns on my body around my hip area so it is not visible at all day to day.

I'm a female and I notice that tattoos tend to be a big turn off for a lot of men and even deal breakers. I'm scared of meeting a nice guy but then him ditching me when he sees the tattoo. Obviously, it's better than having the burns but it still make me cry when people talk about tattoos are tacky, attention seeking, ugly etc.

Honest thoughts appreciated on the topic.

Scroll to see replies

I'm a girl but I think tattoos are awesome! It definitely wouldn't put me off :smile:
Yeah. Don't worry about it :smile:

It would only be a problem if the guy was an ********.
To be honest, if someone doesn't want to date you because of a tattoo you had for personal reasons, they are not the one for you. Wait for the one who will treasure you the way you want to be. :biggrin:
Reply 4
I don't like them, what is it going to say / look like?

Sue me this is my preference :smile:
Reply 5
There's some guys really into tattoos
and if you meet the perfect guy, and he thinks you're the perfect girl
but he doesn't like tattoos, he'll change his mind :wink:
he'll love you no matter what

so don't cry over it, don't worry about it, there's a guy out there that loves you more than you could ever imagine, and sees what's beyond that tattoo and those scars

i hope you're getting better :hugs:
I wonder if guys would date girls with just scarring alone (with no tattoos to cover it)
Reply 7
In your case, yes.
I would date a girl with tattoos anywhere, for any reason... Tattoos are hot!! As previously posted, the right guy for you will love you for all the right reasons... Be confident and happy in your skin :smile:
I'm really not a fan of tattoos, and a heavily tattooed girl would certainly put me off, but a situation like yours wouldn't bother me.
Umm.. I've got tattoos that cover scars and everyone has always complimented me on them. They tell a story, they have character and if that was a deal breaker for someone why would you even want to be in a relationship that holds conditions anyway?

Love isn't about what someone looks like on the outside - that might sound cliché but it's really not. If the prettiest girl on the block was a complete annoying bitch and the ugliest had a great personality then that's who the guys are going to want to be around. No one likes a whiner and moaner.

In reality, everyone has scars. It's true. Some are bigger than others but everyone has their own mark on their body and their own story that goes with it.
Personally I'd view this quite positively, assuming the tattoo looks good. It shows a bit of something about her character. I feel the same way about girls who dye their hair certain colours, for example I prefer bottle blondes to natural blondes.

And if it wasn't my particular style, it wouldn't be relevant really. I doubt it's going to put anyone off.

If you want to know the answer, just reverse it - you meet a guy you really like who has the same thing. You gonna dump him for it?
Love a girl with tattoos, the more the better :tongue:
Absolutely.
Original post by AthiaKarim
I wonder if guys would date girls with just scarring alone (with no tattoos to cover it)

Of course we would. If she's beautiful to me then i don't care about what imperfections she may have because i will still like her the same regardless. No one's perfect....even I have a small scar on my foot that isnt that noticable till you look really close :smile:
Reply 15
I wouldn't mind a small tattoo especially if it's for the purpose you are using it for , however, I am certainly not into girls with lots of tattoos or very large tattoos.
If its a deal breaker for a guy, they probably aren't worth your time anyway. What are you thinking about getting?
Original post by trapking
Of course we would. If she's beautiful to me then i don't care about what imperfections she may have because i will still like her the same regardless. No one's perfect....even I have a small scar on my foot that isnt that noticable till you look really close :smile:

But what if she had large quantities of scars across her body, would your answer differ?
Original post by AthiaKarim
But what if she had large quantities of scars across her body, would your answer differ?

If i really liked someone and had deep feelings for them and i saw the scars it would not affect me cause i already accepted the person.
I know a colleague who has a noticeable small burn on her arm but it never bothered me or anyone.
Original post by chikane
If i really liked someone and had deep feelings for them and i saw the scars it would not affect me cause i already accepted the person.
I know a colleague who has a noticeable small burn on her arm but it never bothered me or anyone.

That's comforting to hear lol
I just assumed in a society where attraction is heavily based on looks, people would've got put off by such a thing :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest