The Student Room Group

ESSAY PLAN! Which seemed better?

thanks gingerbread 101!
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by CalmeChristy
Hello people!
After reading the book Of Mice and Men, I would like to write a book report, but I'm struggling with the title/content. Can anyone help please? Which of the following seem to be the best choice for writing the report :smile: thanks!
1. How does Steinbeck prepare us Lennie's death? (will be talking about death of Candy's dog, beginning and ending imagery, escalating trouble Lennie causes, ironic sentences, and appearance of Curley and his wife)
2. How does Steinbeck prepare us that the American Dream cannot be realised? (will be talking about the use of allusion in the title, Crook's dialogue, symbolism of light and darkness, frequent temptation for the ranchmen and Geoge's inability to finish his description of the dream)

Please choose which plan seem to be better for writing, and opinions please :biggrin: thanks a million!

I think you'd be able to cover a wider range of ideas and interpretations with the second one :smile: You'd be able to add much more of a context link then too :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest