The Student Room Group

Planned to ask a girl out, now shes in a relationship?

So I had planned to ask this girl out on friday when she gets back into town from visiting her female friend for a few days.

Small hickup however. Her Facebook states shes now in a relationship.
I know that before it said she was in a relationship but she said she was actually single then.

Do i ignore it and continue the plan and just act like i never saw it?
Or do I give up now.

I think i'm going to just ask her anyway. Whats the worst that could happen right?
You're too late bro, move on, learn from your mistake.

Most likely she was speaking/meeting with this guy long before changing her status to "in a relationship"
Reply 2
Original post by C_tinie_D
You're too late bro, move on, learn from your mistake.

Most likely she was speaking/meeting with this guy long before changing her status to "in a relationship"

Lol ffs. Lesson learned. again. I will get it right eventually :biggrin:
Everyone pour a drink for our fallen brother.
Reply 4
Original post by ByronicHero
Everyone pour a drink for our fallen brother.

Gutted :frown: Never wait around. My own fault though really.
Are you me bro? I had this exact thing happen to me. I'd been seeing this girl for around six months. When we first met up she'd only recently broken up with someone so I wanted to wait to ask her out so I could find out if it was just a rebound for her. Months went by and we'd been talking frequently and met up several more times. Would have met up more but the distance between ourselves made it a little difficult. So, needless to say I was really infatuated with this girl. I thought that I'd be able to ask her out and get my first relationship. Then, in January of this year I saw her facebook feed update with a "In a relationship".

My advice would be to leave her be. She wasn't honest with you about the other guy. Who's to say that if you were dating she wouldn't hide the fact that she was with you and start seeing other guys as well.
Original post by Anonymous
So I had planned to ask this girl out on friday when she gets back into town from visiting her female friend for a few days.

I know that before it said she was in a relationship but she said she was actually single then.

Or do I give up now.

I think i'm going to just ask her anyway. Whats the worst that could happen right?

maybe she has no time for relationship
Reply 7
Original post by fatimah9
maybe she has no time for relationship

What do you mean by this?
Reply 8
Are you me bro? I had this exact thing happen to me. I'd been seeing this girl for around six months. When we first met up she'd only recently broken up with someone so I wanted to wait to ask her out so I could find out if it was just a rebound for her. Months went by and we'd been talking frequently and met up several more times. Would have met up more but the distance between ourselves made it a little difficult. So, needless to say I was really infatuated with this girl. I thought that I'd be able to ask her out and get my first relationship. Then, in January of this year I saw her facebook feed update with a "In a relationship".

My advice would be to leave her be. She wasn't honest with you about the other guy. Who's to say that if you were dating she wouldn't hide the fact that she was with you and start seeing other guys as well.

Do you think you should have acted sooner or been more bolder?

Or do I give up now.

If it was updated recently then i dont see a point in asking her out .either she really is dating another guy whom she never mentioned about to you ( thats kinda bad) or she just changed it to keep people thinking as if she's dating basically to avoid being asked out showing disinterest ( only included this to cover every possibility)

I suppose you waited a bit too long though her not mentioning about the other guy to you is kinda unusual atleast in my experience i always hear atleast something about the other guy .

Sorry man you must be feeling darn upset . Well we live and learn i suppose
What do you mean by this?

maybe she has lot n her plate and don't want to be distracted, or mostly likely she is in a relationship, but it won't hurt to just ask her. I don't like shy people, well that's just me
Original post by fatimah9
maybe she has lot n her plate and don't want to be distracted, or mostly likely she is in a relationship, but it won't hurt to just ask her. I don't like shy people, well that's just me

I'll figure something out. When i first met her i was quite shy but through getting to know her with casual dates and stuff my confidence overall has increased ten fold. Atleast ive learnt a few things from all this.
But shes still the most beautiful person ive ever seen hehe.
Do you think you should have acted sooner or been more bolder?

Prehaps, but I have no experience in relationships. I'm very shy in person and get extremely nervous. To be honest, she should have talked to me about things instead of just dating someone instead of just doing it.
I'll figure something out. When i first met her i was quite shy but through getting to know her with casual dates and stuff my confidence overall has increased ten fold. Atleast ive learnt a few things from all this.
But shes still the most beautiful person ive ever seen hehe.

Awwww,

Quick Reply

Latest