The Student Room Group

Told guy I like him. Discovered he's laughing behind my back.

One of my mutual friends with this guy told me this.

So I've been chatting with my crush for a while now, and he's being pretty nice, and told me he likes me back.

But then, he told one of his friends that he doesn't have time for this, and said "what's wrong with her? Is she really that stupid?"

This friend however, is a really nice guy, and came and told me, and told me he felt bad, but I should know the truth.

Initially I was angry, but now I feel, sad. Like, my self-esteem is low, and I'm feeling insecure, about my looks, my intelligence.....and.....I just feel like crying....

I don't know what to do. Please help me.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
maybe he's just saying that bc he's shy or embarrassed that he likes you, either way you should drop him
He doesn't deserve you. Your beautiful:smile: and you deserve a lot better. Try your best to forget him :console:
Original post by Anonymous

So I've been chatting with my crush for a while now, and he's being pretty nice, and told me he likes me back.

But then, he told one of his friends that he doesn't have time for this, and said "what's wrong with her? Is she really that stupid?"

This friend however, is a really nice guy, and came and told me, and told me he felt bad, but I should know the truth.

Initially I was angry, but now I feel, sad. Like, my self-esteem is low, and I'm feeling insecure, about my looks, my intelligence.....and.....I just feel like crying....

There's no guarantee that your friend is telling the truth about it :redface:

If you find out from the guy himself, then block him in any way possible and try to move on.

I don't think he is if he's doing this.

Drop him and move on.
Cut him out of your life.

People who enjoy playing with your emotions like that have probably had their emotions played with to a level low enough that they do it as well.
I don't understand why women give a ****. The best mentality is mine: go into relationships purely for the hole between their legs, when the relationship eventually falls apart (invariably it will) find the next hole. Repeat indefinitely and win.

By that logic I can count the relationships you've had on one hand. :/

Like @SeanFM said, you can't be sure it's true. Don't go jumping to conclusions just yet. See how things go and bring it up if you have to! If you find out it's true, be the bigger person and drop him completely. You don't have time for silliness like that :hugs:
Reply 7
I don't understand why women give a ****. The best mentality is mine: go into relationships purely for the hole between their legs, when the relationship eventually falls apart (invariably it will) find the next hole. Repeat indefinitely and win.

Yes, win all the way to mid life where you become that lonely needy dude that tries to initiate lengthy conversations with whichever strangers that meet eye contact with them. Great plan!

OP, the guy is a prick. Be fleetingly disappointed that your crush turned out to be a knob, then put it down to experience and move on. He isn't worth your time or thoughts.
Reply 8

He is a total jerk. Dont contact him anymore. There is nothing wrong with you. Its him.

Omg he's so mean .. How can we do such things >< instead of telling you he likes you he should have said the truth.

Such a guy does not deserve you ma chérie:heart:

I know it's hard to forget someone you like but with him you better do :/

Do not cry , he does not deserve ANY of your tears ! And I bet you're intelligent, kind, beautiful and a lot of other great things that an other "real" guy will appreciate for real <3

This is where you gotta be careful, is this friend telling the truth or a pack of lies because he is jealous. You need to ask the guy you have a crush on, if it turns out he was laughing behind your back then he is very immature.
Original post by mkap
maybe he's just saying that bc he's shy or embarrassed that he likes you, either way you should drop him

but still, insulting me in the process? that's not okay...
Original post by haj101
He doesn't deserve you. Your beautiful:smile: and you deserve a lot better. Try your best to forget him :console:

Thank you so much! I will!
Reply 13

GURLLLLLLLL, u need to get rid of this boy, if he 'likes u' im 100% sure he wouldn't do that. you deserve better, find someone who rlly likes u.
Original post by mkap

I think this is most likely to be true. Young guys can behave very foolishly when it comes to 'feelings', this is never more true than when in a group of other guys.

You cannot allow yourself to be so upset by banter between guys. It sounds like he's been a bit of a douch to be honest, but I doubt he meant any of it and most likely wouldn't have wanted to upset you.
Reply 15
Definitely don't jump to conclusions; it could be your friend trying to stick a spanner in the works. Or your crush is a tool. Find out which it is then jettison the appropriate idiot.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
Original post by kalclash
I think this is most likely to be true. Young guys can behave very foolishly when it comes to 'feelings', this is never more true than when in a group of other guys.

You cannot allow yourself to be so upset by banter between guys. It sounds like he's been a bit of a douch to be honest, but I doubt he meant any of it and most likely wouldn't have wanted to upset you.

This is very true. If he likes you, he learns from you going cold on him that such banter backfires.
Here's the thing: I know for a fact that this friend of mine doesn't like me. He just got into a relationship a month ago, and HE confessed to the girl, so there's no chance of him liking me.

The guy I liked didn't have a good reputation when it came to being nice, but he was always nice to me. I never gave any indication that i liked him, but I thought, if i told him, even if he didn't like me, he'd just tell me and be nice about it.

But he just turned out to be talking behind my back. Why?? I'm not a bad person, I'm not mean. the guy friend told a few of classmates about it to, and they all agree that he's being horrible.

Even if this is a defence mechanism, it's not something I'd look forward to if we ever got into a relationship. If you like me, just own up. If not, then don't pretend you do.
Reply 18
Here's the thing: I know for a fact that this friend of mine doesn't like me. He just got into a relationship a month ago, and HE confessed to the girl, so there's no chance of him liking me.

The guy I liked didn't have a good reputation when it came to being nice, but he was always nice to me. I never gave any indication that i liked him, but I thought, if i told him, even if he didn't like me, he'd just tell me and be nice about it.

But he just turned out to be talking behind my back. Why?? I'm not a bad person, I'm not mean. the guy friend told a few of classmates about it to, and they all agree that he's being horrible.

Even if this is a defence mechanism, it's not something I'd look forward to if we ever got into a relationship. If you like me, just own up. If not, then don't pretend you do.

Precisely. He is the fool not you. Do not take on board any of this as a reflection of anything you are or have done. His immaturity and obnoxious attitude is all on him.
Original post by CCC75
Precisely. He is the fool not you. Do not take on board any of this as a reflection of anything you are or have done. His immaturity and obnoxious attitude is all on him.

Yeah, thank you, it makes me feel better!