The Student Room Group

No recent work to put with application

Ok, so this is getting to me now. I'm a mature student and I'm hoping to apply to do a history MA next year. I'll be doing it part time around my family commitments and I hope to give it my all.

My only issue that remains in this whole process is the 'sample of academic work' section. The guidelines for both of my potential colleges state that they require something of undergraduate quality of equivalent done within 12 months of the application being submitted. I haven't written an extended piece in nearly a 7 years, and my BA I graduated in 2005 with a good 2:1 but nothing of my work survived but would obviously be too old anyway.

I have come to the conclusion that I will have to write some pieces myself off my own back to include, but not having written anything in so long I'm worried that they'll get laughed out of the building. I don't have anyone who is even a history teacher that I could call upon to check my work let alone a tutor to help me to do this. Is there any help that anyone could give me? Any services that maybe would be freelancers who could check my work is appropriate and makes sense/isn't complete drivel! lol

All help appreciated. I think I have everything else is in order but any advice gratefully received. :-D
Reply 1
If I were you, I'd first go back to each of the colleges and check that this is acceptable. You never know - there might be a simpler option available. You won't be the only person they've ever seen in your position.
As above - email the course convenor and ask what would be an acceptable alternative. If they are being this prescriptive then they are actually excluding anyone not currently doing a degree - which is clearly crazy.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending