The Student Room Group

Which uni do i apply to?

hey guys so im in a little bit of a weird situation , basically i've started doing an apprenticeship and i have been told that i can go to uni through me completing it which is later this year , so i was wondering what the best uni would be to apply for without a levels?
Reply 1
bump
Reply 2
??? What subject would you wish to study, would you want to move to uni or live at home, how old are you, etc. All you've told us is you're doing an Apprenticeship. Most unis accept people without A Levels but who have other equivalent qualifications.

Who told you you can go to uni after you finish your apprenticeship? They might be the best person to chat about your options with. Also, by this year do you mean going to uni this September? You might be too late to go this year depending on the course etc.
Reply 3
Original post by Katarvi
??? What subject would you wish to study, would you want to move to uni or live at home, how old are you, etc. All you've told us is you're doing an Apprenticeship. Most unis accept people without A Levels but who have other equivalent qualifications.

Who told you you can go to uni after you finish your apprenticeship? They might be the best person to chat about your options with. Also, by this year do you mean going to uni this September? You might be too late to go this year depending on the course etc.

im looking for a computing course or a computing and networks- and i would want to move out instead of living at home, im 18 years old and my apprenticeship will finish in may. my trainer said that it would be a good idea to go university
Reply 4
Original post by gertautas
im looking for a computing course or a computing and networks- and i would want to move out instead of living at home, im 18 years old and my apprenticeship will finish in may. my trainer said that it would be a good idea to go university

Do you actually want to go to university? It sounds like you're asking this just because your trainer said so. Are you committed to doing essays and having deadlines and studying for exams again for the next three or four years?

You need to do a search for degrees in your chosen subject and look at the entry requirements. Here is an example of one such course: https://www.plymouth.ac.uk/courses/undergraduate/bsc-computing

You could still apply for university starting this year but the deadline for equal consideration of your application was January 15th. This means you could try and apply this year anyway and see if you get in, or wait til next year to apply.
Reply 5
Original post by Katarvi
Do you actually want to go to university? It sounds like you're asking this just because your trainer said so. Are you committed to doing essays and having deadlines and studying for exams again for the next three or four years?

You need to do a search for degrees in your chosen subject and look at the entry requirements. Here is an example of one such course: https://www.plymouth.ac.uk/courses/undergraduate/bsc-computing

You could still apply for university starting this year but the deadline for equal consideration of your application was January 15th. This means you could try and apply this year anyway and see if you get in, or wait til next year to apply.

no i really do want to go to uni i just didnt know i would be able to through an apprenticeship, thanks for your help
Reply 6
Original post by gertautas
no i really do want to go to uni i just didnt know i would be able to through an apprenticeship, thanks for your help

This is what UCAS says about Apprenticeships and Degrees.

https://www.ucas.com/ucas/16-18-choices/search-and-apply/apprenticeships

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending