The Student Room Group

Do you and your other half still go on dates?

With Valentine's coming up, I was wondering if people celebrate their love and have dates throughout the year? How long have you been with your partner/other half? Do you still go on dates together? If so, what do you do and how often? :h:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BurstingBubbles
With Valentine's coming up, I was wondering if people celebrate their love and have dates throughout the year? How long have you been with your partner/other half? Do you still go on dates together? If so, what do you do and how often? :h:

We ve been together 2 years and go out on cinema dates every couple of months or get coffee together or a fancy debenhams breakfast once in a while. Since we live together we do have lots of nice nights in together so don't feel the need to go out on dates that much really.

Only occasionally these days. we've been together 10 years and are engaged. We both work full time and money is tight but we went to a gig at the NIA earlier in the month, that was our first night out in a while. He took me to the theatre last week and and we have two more theatre trips booked over the next few months. We rarely just go out for dinner or on the spur of the moment. We don't go to pubs or clubs or just out for the sake of going out.
Reply 3
Been together for 7 years and we still go on dates but don't call them dates. We just call it a day out, a meal out etc. We go out together for dates a few times a month. The last one was for anniversary a fortnight ago, we went away for 3 days and done stuff together for each of the three days. We usually go out for a meal, go to some attraction, go a random drive somewhere though we do that most days to be fair, go shopping and then for lunch etc. Haven't really had any dates together this month but we spend every day together and always have a laugh no matter what we do so I'm happy :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
we've been together 5 1/2 years and it depends what you call a date... we go out to the cinema/for dinner etc regularly as neither of us are really the stay in and do nothing sort
Reply 5
Just over 7 years, usually go out for dinner at least once a week. Don't really call them dates but that's pretty much what they are.
Reply 6
we do when we can (3 kids) but this valentines his away on exercise for 3 weeks :'(
We still go out for meals and catch a movie every now-and-then, which is nice, but nothing beats a 'home date' where we just sit and chat for hours, play Mario Kart, or binge-watch a TV series whilst forgetting the hectic lives we lead :smile:

Although, I'm single now, I'll speak from what I usually do.

I definitely still do dates and celebrate love throughout the year. Some of my favourite dates are ice skating, cinema, golf or sometimes just hanging out inside and having movie nights!
Been with my boyfriend nearly a year and we go out for meals or coffee or whatever at least once a week. I'm not fussed with v-day because we do stuff like this every week anyway :smile:
Been together for 10 months and it's genuinely Valentines day everyday. ( I really really hate to be one of those people who says it). But randomly, he will cook dinner for me, or buy me something small that he knows I like, I don't mean expensive, just thoughtful (e.g. he'll stop off at the corner shop on the way home and get me a kinder bueno) . I get flowers on random days during the year, so far had 3 bouquets from him. He is always on the look out for good deals on groupon etc for us to go out somewhere for good value etc.

We see each other everyday and we go out every couple of weeks.
We don't celebrate Valentine's Day because we started dating on the 27th of February, so we celebrate our dating anniversary on that date and our wedding anniversary later in the year.

The last time, I recreated our second date, including the movie, the meal I cooked for her, etc. I wanted to let her know that I remember and love the time we spend together.
I've been with my boyfriend for nearly 3 years, and I guess you could say that we regularly go on 'dates', though we don't really call them that - I just see it as hanging out with my boyfriend :smile:. We go out to restaurants, festivals, pubs, bars, clubbing, cinema, museums, walks, zoo, and whatever else we think of doing :smile:. And of course, we also have plenty of lazy days and nights just staying in and watching films and TV :smile:.

We are going out for a meal this Valentine's Day, but it's not really that different from other times we hang out except for the swapping of Valentine's cards and gifts, but it's nice to acknowledge anyway :smile:. I also occasionally give him wee random gifts like chocolate or stationery at any time of the year, just to thank him for being so lovely to me :biggrin:.
:colonhash:
We live together. While we go out and do things that you might normally do on a date (e.g. cinema), we don't call them dates - it's just a trip to the cinema because we both want to see a certain film.
Reply 15
been with my boyfriend nearly 18 months, we don't go on dates as much as we used to because of work and college and a lack of money, we just enjoy being in each others company without the need to spend any money
Original post by shawtyb
we do when we can (3 kids) but this valentines his away on exercise for 3 weeks :'(

how old are you?
We go out occasionally and do stuff, we'll go to the cinema or go and get food. I see him every couple of days and we much prefer staying in. Even when we first started seeing each other it wasn't really going on dates!

It's nice to go out occasionally though :tongue:
Original post by lawyer12345
how old are you?

seriously, piss off with the age thing ffs
Original post by shawtyb
seriously, piss off with the age thing ffs

excuse me? :confused:

Quick Reply

Latest