The Student Room Group

Want to Study in USA

Hello,

I'm 16 years old about to under go my GCSEs this April/June, I wish to study in America (at their high school) instead of doing my A Levels here. Right now I hold an Indian passport but applied for British Passport, however since I have applied for a British passport does that mean I cannot apply for a US Visa (because if I do apply now and get my British passport before I get my US Visa then I think I might get into trouble?)

I am totally unsure about the situation I am in.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank You!
Well first of all it’s not clear why you've applied for a British passport. Secondly as far as I understand your getting a US visa has no relation to your British passport. In fact you can get US visa with your Indian passport as well. As far as studying from US high school is concerned, why don’t you complete your A levels from India & sit for your AP and then apply to US universities for UG program. However, I guess we need more insight into your situation to guide you better. Good Luck!!
Reply 2
Original post by vininodnat
Well first of all it’s not clear why you've applied for a British passport. Secondly as far as I understand your getting a US visa has no relation to your British passport. In fact you can get US visa with your Indian passport as well. As far as studying from US high school is concerned, why don’t you complete your A levels from India & sit for your AP and then apply to US universities for UG program. However, I guess we need more insight into your situation to guide you better. Good Luck!!

Hello there, Sorry for not being so clear on my situation, I am currently in the UK (with an Indian Passport) studying my GCSE's, however I believe that if I go to the US for my a levels, I can get used the country/culture, it also means my 'high school' in the US is done (as I would have done my GCSE's by the time I move there, only 4-5 months away), and giving me a further 2 years in USA High School, which I can utilize to do AP (Advanced Placements in the US) and/or prepare for my SAT.

The problem is that I applied for my UK passport and I wonder if that will have an impact on my US visa, what if I get my US visa first and then get a British passport? would that be an issue because then, the visa would be on my Indian passport or is that not the case?

Many Thanks!
Since you have applied for your UK passport, it would be advisable that you apply for US visa after geeting your UK passport.
Reply 4
Original post by vininodnat
Since you have applied for your UK passport, it would be advisable that you apply for US visa after geeting your UK passport.

Alright thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending