The Student Room Group

PwC Insight Week 2016

This is just for anyone applying for/interested in the PwC Insight Week 2016!

Where is everyone applying for and for which dates?
What did you get for your online test scores?

I'm applying for at the Reading branch for the 22nd August. For the online tests I got 'area of strength' for both numerical and verbal reasoning, with both being 'above average' against other applicants!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi, what area did you choose from Audit, Consulting etc. or can you leave it open?
Reply 2
Original post by SP98
Hi, what area did you choose from Audit, Consulting etc. or can you leave it open?

You can leave it open as far as I can remember.
Reply 3
I'm applying also,!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by ninja55
I'm applying also,!
Posted from TSR Mobile

Have you done the application? I'm not really sure what I should include in the two extended questions...
What was the numerical reasoning test like? Difficult? I recently did the EY one and I'm certain I got through, but then yesterday I did BDO and failed completely. It was so damn hard.
Reply 6
Original post by popcornjpg
What was the numerical reasoning test like? Difficult? I recently did the EY one and I'm certain I got through, but then yesterday I did BDO and failed completely. It was so damn hard.

The most difficult I had ever done, it was way more intense than the EY one.

Luckily I got it as an area of strength, the second highest category, and 'above average' compared with others who have applied.
Reply 7
I got 5/5 on the numerical and 3/5 on the verbal, which i was happy with, as its 8/10 overall which is not too bad
There are only 5 questions on the test?
Reply 9
nah, ita more like 20+, but they then ratio it up to out of 5, to make the scoring easier if you get me?
yeah, that makes more sense. do you have any advice on particular things to practise beforehand?
Reply 11
Not really, just be confident and don't stress
Was it similar to the practise one here? http://elearn.pwc.co.uk/psychometric/try.html

Because that one was quite easy.
Reply 13
Can someone help me with the Numerical Reasoning test? Its kinda difficult
What do you need help with exactly?

Try this website - http://www.practiceaptitudetests.com/numerical-reasoning-tests.

They have 2 free tests, or 15 if you buy the whole package for 10 quid (which I did, I reckon it's worth it).
Reply 15
Original post by Dnkz7
Can someone help me with the Numerical Reasoning test? Its kinda difficult

You have to do it yourself! Just make sure once you commit to it, you're confident and focused.
Reply 16
What do you need help with exactly?

Try this website - http://www.practiceaptitudetests.com/numerical-reasoning-tests.

They have 2 free tests, or 15 if you buy the whole package for 10 quid (which I did, I reckon it's worth it).

Were you invited to a day at the office in a few weeks time to get help with the tests and telephone interviews?
Original post by jamestg
Were you invited to a day at the office in a few weeks time to get help with the tests and telephone interviews?

Nope? I haven't finished my application yet I'm sending it off today.
Reply 18
Nope? I haven't finished my application yet I'm sending it off today.

Ahh okay. Good luck!
Reply 19
Why did you buy it, they give you mock tests

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending