The Student Room Group

PwC Insight Week 2016

Scroll to see replies

Because I want as much practise as possible, plus it's not exactly expensive.
Does anyone know which office it takes place in for London? Is it at London Bridge?
Reply 22
Original post by popcornjpg
Does anyone know which office it takes place in for London? Is it at London Bridge?

I'm not entirely sure. Just apply to the one which is closest to you, it'll increase your chances slightly.
Reply 23
I think it is the lb one
I applied! Also do EY (found that harder than the PwC one)
Got 5/5 for Numerical
4/5 for Verbal.

Do you know when we are supposed to find out whether we made the next stage?
Reply 25
Original post by Xphoenix
Got 5/5 for Numerical
4/5 for Verbal.

- Telephone Interviews to be completed between 21 - 31 March 2016.
- Telephone Interview outcomes will be communicated by 8 April 2016.
- Business Insight Week taking place on either 8 or 22 August 2015.
Reply 26
They said after the application deadline they'll contact you I believe
Original post by Xphoenix
Got 5/5 for Numerical
4/5 for Verbal.

Did you get feedback from EY? I got level 4 so I'm pretty sure I'll get disqualified. Not sure what went wrong, I must have read a question or two wrong because I found it quite easy
Reply 28
Did you get feedback from EY? I got level 4 so I'm pretty sure I'll get disqualified. Not sure what went wrong, I must have read a question or two wrong because I found it quite easy

Level 4 for EY?

Well you might have a chance, but I did get level 7 and was rejected on the basis of not being entitled to free school meals.
Yeah, 4 out of 7. I am entitled to free school meals so I hope I do get in although I don't have high hopes at the moment. Not sure where I keep going wrong with numerical reasoning tests, I've been practicing a lot but it seems I always flop.
Reply 30
Yeah, 4 out of 7. I am entitled to free school meals so I hope I do get in although I don't have high hopes at the moment. Not sure where I keep going wrong with numerical reasoning tests, I've been practicing a lot but it seems I always flop.

If practicing doesn't help I'd suggest to look back at GCSE maths topics like ratios and percentages.
Original post by jamestg
If practicing doesn't help I'd suggest to look back at GCSE maths topics like ratios and percentages.

I'm pretty good at those though, most percentage and ratio questions are easy. I think I read the question wrong quite often and that's why I don't do well.

Oh and on the BDO numerical test everything was in like £4000's of millions and for some reason I just started getting confused and panicking so I have practiced that.

Yes I did. I got Level 6, yet to hear back from them on the outcome.
Reply 33
guys, I don't get it, how do you know your scores? I did the test a few days ago but don't know where to look for scores
Reply 34
Original post by ZennyX
guys, I don't get it, how do you know your scores? I did the test a few days ago but don't know where to look for scores

Go on the PwC portal thing, under your applications.
Reply 35
Original post by jamestg
Go on the PwC portal thing, under your applications.

Thnx :biggrin:
Reply 36
Original post by ZennyX
Thnx :biggrin:

Good luck! Let us know what you got :biggrin:
What office/city did you guys apply to?
Reply 38
What office/city did you guys apply to?

Reading :smile:

Closest one, and you're more likely to get it if you're nearby. If London is not your closest office, yet you still apply there, it's pretty much a guaranteed rejection because they will have got plenty of strong applicants from nearby and they don't want to be paying higher travel costs!
Original post by jamestg
Reading :smile:

Closest one, and you're more likely to get it if you're nearby. If London is not your closest office, yet you still apply there, it's pretty much a guaranteed rejection because they will have got plenty of strong applicants from nearby and they don't want to be paying higher travel costs!

I applied for London although the Uxbridge office is closer to me 'theoretically'. It would probably take me longer by Tube to get into Uxbridge than to London Bridge.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending