The Student Room Group

PwC Insight Week 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by The Genghis Khan
i think its commutable considering the train station which is less than a mile away form my house is on the same line!

it might put you at a slight disadvantage, in that, they'd probably rather have candidates who will cost them less to reimburse. which office is it by the way?
Original post by jamestg
Definitely. Even people who get 10/10 can get rejected there. My HSBC one last year went really well, so I just hope I can replicate that! I'm so glad it's a telephone interview, I would be shaking and sweating buckets if it were face to face.

Luckily next Friday I'm going to PwC to get some coaching for the telephone interview! :biggrin:

Excited and nervous, because the coaching is face-to-face.

coaching? how you are you getting coaching?
Reply 82
Original post by popcornjpg
coaching? how you are you getting coaching?

They emailed all applicants, I think, about opportunities for coaching for the telephone interviews and practice tests. Didn't you apply for London? If so, that might be why because only regional offices were listed in offering it.

The deadline was last Thursday though :frown:
Original post by jamestg
They emailed all applicants, I think, about opportunities for coaching for the telephone interviews and practice tests. Didn't you apply for London? If so, that might be why because only regional offices were listed in offering it.

The deadline was last Thursday though :frown:

Yeah I suppose it doesn't take place in London I didn't get any email like that. Maybe someone else from London can confirm or deny this.
Reply 84
Yeah I suppose it doesn't take place in London I didn't get any email like that. Maybe someone else from London can confirm or deny this.

^^that would be good if someone could do that
Reply 85
I didn't get such a email - applied to London!
Original post by jamestg
Which office did you apply to? :h:

Cambridge
it might put you at a slight disadvantage, in that, they'd probably rather have candidates who will cost them less to reimburse. which office is it by the way?

Cambridge, but with billions in revenue i dont think they care tbh
Original post by The Genghis Khan
Cambridge, but with billions in revenue i dont think they care tbh

You'd be surprised. I would argue that the more revenue a firm has, the more stingy it becomes.
I meant to apply but then my application deleted itself bc it timed out bc i left it open and went out. i kept meaning to write it again but i couldn't find the time so i missed the deadline :/
Original post by ♥Samantha♥
I meant to apply but then my application deleted itself bc it timed out bc i left it open and went out. i kept meaning to write it again but i couldn't find the time so i missed the deadline :/

Well, you should never write answers for the questions in the actual application bit. Next time write it all out in word, ask someone to read it and give you some feedback, and then paste it all in.
Well, you should never write answers for the questions in the actual application bit. Next time write it all out in word, ask someone to read it and give you some feedback, and then paste it all in.

Yeah I'll keep it in mind for the future
Well, those were some intense tests, though I did get a total of 10/10 which I'm happy about. I only spent about 45 minutes on my personal statement so it's a bit rubbish sadly.
Original post by sanchit117
Well, those were some intense tests, though I did get a total of 10/10 which I'm happy about. I only spent about 45 minutes on my personal statement so it's a bit rubbish sadly.

proof or it didnt happen
Original post by jamestg
Definitely. Even people who get 10/10 can get rejected there. My HSBC one last year went really well, so I just hope I can replicate that! I'm so glad it's a telephone interview, I would be shaking and sweating buckets if it were face to face.

Luckily next Friday I'm going to PwC to get some coaching for the telephone interview! :biggrin:

Excited and nervous, because the coaching is face-to-face.

Do you mind letting me know what they say since I cannot make it even though I would love to go?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 95
Original post by Xphoenix
Do you mind letting me know what they say since I cannot make it even though I would love to go?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sure thing! I'll be taking a notepad anyway, so I'll just copy up my notes onto here :smile:
Reply 96
My personal statement? Or the test? I'm not going to provide the former, but here's the latter.

Nice!
Original post by jamestg
Nice!

Thanks! Quite happy with that, but I really didn't put any effort into the personal statement, I only learnt of this programme quite recently. I think anyone with a total score of a certain amount automatically "passes" the test, because they sent me an email to let me know I've met their admissions criteria, and let me know of future dates of the interview, etc.
Thanks! Quite happy with that, but I really didn't put any effort into the personal statement, I only learnt of this programme quite recently. I think anyone with a total score of a certain amount automatically "passes" the test, because they sent me an email to let me know I've met their admissions criteria, and let me know of future dates of the interview, etc.

I had the same sort of email with 7/10. I'm guessing the criteria is 6/10, at least 3/5 for both. Or maybe they send the same email to everyone regardless? Probably not but maybe.
I had the same sort of email with 7/10. I'm guessing the criteria is 6/10, at least 3/5 for both. Or maybe they send the same email to everyone regardless? Probably not but maybe.

Yeah there's definitely a cut off point, I would think it's 7? But they're definitely going to look at a lot more factors than just this test!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending