The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Anyone got a Maths offer?

what's the offer they've given to you? Also, if you guys don't mind could you please tell me when you applied and when you got the offer? This is for UCL
thank you
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by kprime2
what's the offer they've given to you? Also, if you guys don't mind could you please tell me when you applied and when you got the offer?
thank you

Applied to all four choices on 12th October.

University College London: A*A*A or A*AA + 1 in any STEP or Distinction in AEA. received on the 1st Feb.

Does that help? Mind if I ask why you're asking? :biggrin:

Edit: ****, just realised you were asking about UCL only... I wasted my effort typing all the rest out, deleting it now. :facepalm:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 3
UCL is late replier for maths unless you applied for OXBRIDGE

UCL IS A TOP PLACE !!!
Original post by kprime2
what's the offer they've given to you? Also, if you guys don't mind could you please tell me when you applied and when you got the offer?
thank you

Applied at roughly October 10 - I put the (A*) in brackets as I already have an A* in standard A level maths before applying

University of Warwick (A*)AA - A in Further Maths and A in any other subject, offered almost instantly after applying
University of Durham (A*)AA - A in Further Maths A in any other subject - offered a couple weeks after applying
University of Bath (A*)AB - , A in Further Maths B in any other subject, offered a couple weeks after applying
Imperial College London (A*)A*AA - With A* in Further Maths, offered at around late November
University of Cambridge (A*)A*A*, with A* in Further Maths/Physics , S, 1 in any order in STEP 2 and STEP 3 offered at about mid january
Original post by TeeEm
UCL is late replier for maths unless you applied for OXBRIDGE

UCL IS A TOP PLACE !!!

lool i didnt apply there cus when i looked on the league table it was waaaay down, I didnt really do any research to the places i applied to i just got out a league table and applied to the highest ranked ones
Original post by TeeEm

UCL IS A TOP PLACE !!!

Not for maths.
Reply 7
Original post by Rockstar North
Not for maths.

You are entitled to your opinion.
All the best.
Reply 8
Original post by imsoanonymous123
lool i didnt apply there cus when i looked on the league table it was waaaay down, I didnt really do any research to the places i applied to i just got out a league table and applied to the highest ranked ones

UCL is better than Bath for maths...?
Reply 9

I am sorry to hear that ....
Original post by Zacken
UCL is better than Bath for maths...?

when i looked on the rankings bath was above ucl

edit: link here

http://www.thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk/league-tables/rankings?s=Mathematics

oh right yeah I didnt apply to the top maths ones cuz I missed Saint Andrews cuz when I looked on their page their standard offer was only 3 As with no STEP no nothing so I deduced that it was a weak uni
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 11
when i looked on the rankings bath was above ucl

Bit silly to look at only rankings, 'innit? Given that they're utter shite.
Original post by Zacken

how else do I tell which unis are better if Im too lazy to actually research them? ;p My logic is that I'm only going to 1 uni in the end, which will hopefully be Cambridge (but in worst case scenario Imperial College), so who cares what are the other ones i apply to.
Reply 13
how else do I tell which unis are better if Im too lazy to actually research them? ;p My logic is that I'm only going to 1 uni in the end, which will hopefully be Cambridge (but in worst case scenario Imperial College), so who cares what are the other ones i apply to.

Then don't apply, that's what I did, couldn't be bothered going for a fifth uni, so I just didn't apply.
Reply 14

oh right yeah I didnt apply to the top maths ones cuz I missed Saint Andrews cuz when I looked on their page their standard offer was only 3 As with no STEP no nothing so I deduced that it was a weak uni

That's contradictory. You say that, and yet look at how low your bath offer is compared to the UCL one.
Original post by Zacken
Then don't apply, that's what I did, couldn't be bothered going for a fifth uni, so I just didn't apply.

Nah it feels satisfying getting an offer even if you know you aren't going there lol
Original post by Zacken

I always have a laugh looking at the Guardian rankings
Reply 17
Applied at roughly October 10 - I put the (A*) in brackets as I already have an A* in standard A level maths before applying

University of Warwick (A*)AA - A in Further Maths and A in any other subject, offered almost instantly after applying
University of Durham (A*)AA - A in Further Maths A in any other subject - offered a couple weeks after applying
University of Bath (A*)AB - , A in Further Maths B in any other subject, offered a couple weeks after applying
Imperial College London (A*)A*AA - With A* in Further Maths, offered at around late November
University of Cambridge (A*)A*A*, with A* in Further Maths/Physics , S, 1 in any order in STEP 2 and STEP 3 offered at about mid january

dude this was for UCL...
Reply 18
Original post by Mathemagicien
I always have a laugh looking at the Guardian rankings

I swear there was this one time they put a uni who didn't even have a maths course in the top 10 for maths or something. :rofl:
Original post by kprime2
dude this was for UCL...

Oh

I just saw it on the "latest discussions" thread list on the side and didnt realise sorry\

especially after reading @Zacken 's post

Quick Reply

Latest