The Student Room Group

Would Kings College accept me with AAB despite my offer being AAA?

I received an offer from Kings to study History with AAA at A2. I am worried that my biology will drop down to a B this year leaving me with AAB.

Would Kings still accept me with AAB despite my offer being higher?
Biology is such an irrelevant subject to history and I regret taking it because the papers are so hard to pick up marks on D:

Thanks
Original post by africalw
I received an offer from Kings to study History with AAA at A2. I am worried that my biology will drop down to a B this year leaving me with AAB.

Biology is such an irrelevant subject to history and I regret taking it because the papers are so hard to pick up marks on D:

Thanks

Every year, some people are accepted with lower grades than their offer, but not many and you shouldn't rely on it :smile: As Kings is quite a prestigious uni, I'm not sure how much they do this, but maybe you should talk to your biology teacher about it :smile:
im worried about the exact same thing - I got an AAA offer for history, and while I think its possible for me to get A/a* in two subjects im taking a whole a - level in one year and im worried I will miss out on an A... I guess the best thing you can do (like me :s-smilie:) is find out what your weakest on in biology and try and do your best to improve it.
If your personal statement and reference were really good, and you only just got a B, then its probable that they would still let you in, but don't count on it.
Original post by africalw

Thanks

Depends on how other people do, the quality of your application and the number of spaces they have available - they have no obligation to accept you unless you meet your offer, though.

Quick Reply

Latest