The Student Room Group

Has anyone tried the life in the uk test?

My house mate made me take this British citizenship test called life in the uk test and i just failed lol Wonder if it mean am not British enough!
Try it! its interesting actually. citizenpaper.co.uk

Scroll to see replies

It becomes very concerning when I get above average in this.

Spoiler

I've not done it myself, but I've listened (in a podcast) to people taking it.
Reply 3
where can we get a sample copy?
Reply 4
I tried the mock test three times and failed. Luckily my husband, who is a foreign national, sat and passed it. He had been doing intense revision on all things British beforehand though. I guess I just wasn't interested or patriotic enough.
Well I failed...
I tried one back in a Politics class about 6yrs ago. I think I failed. So did most of the class haha.
I managed to fail whilst getting waaaay higher than average, well damn.
It's a fairly easy test, but horrifically named. The reason why people fail it despite having lived in UK their whole lives is because a lot of what it tests is basically a summary of British history, which doesn't really have much relevance to the everyday life of anybody in the UK who doesn't take an interest in history (i.e. most of the population).

Original post by TeeEm
where can we get a sample copy?

Some sample questions here: http://i100.independent.co.uk/article/can-you-pass-a-uk-citizenship-test-most-young-people-cant--gJ0v-H6BQx.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by Hydeman
It's a fairly easy test, but horrifically named. The reason why people fail it despite having lived in UK their whole lives is because a lot of the contents are about British history, which doesn't really have much relevance to the everyday life of anybody in the UK who doesn't take an interest in history (i.e. most of the population).

Some sample questions here: http://i100.independent.co.uk/article/can-you-pass-a-uk-citizenship-test-most-young-people-cant--gJ0v-H6BQx.

thanks
The website is a little glitchy at times so I wouldn't trust the online scores
Just did the questions from the Independent linked above and got 22/24. :smile:
Original post by Grace019
My house mate made me take this British citizenship test called life in the uk test and i just failed lol Wonder if it mean am not British enough!
Try it! its interesting actually. citizenpaper.co.uk

I've passed mine few years ago, took me less than 5 minutes :s-smilie:
if your house mate read the (updated) book, and do the test online few times he (she?) will have no problem passing it.
Did 3 different tests, failed them all
If we fail, can British citizens be deported to a country of our choice? Pretty please?
I tried the practice ones 4 times and failed all of them (but was 1 mark away from a pass on the last one I did). I didn't think they would be so history based, I don't know **** about history haha
18/24.. Failed.
Original post by Quantex
If we fail, can British citizens be deported to a country of our choice? Pretty please?

Yes, if you make a donation of £100 000 to the country of your choice. I'll accept the payment on their behalf. :innocent:
Original post by Carrot_Cake_13
18/24.. Failed.

That's a pass. A bare pass, but a pass nonetheless. You need to get 75 percent or higher to pass. :beard:
Passed it. Kinda need to practice anyway just in case I need to apply for UK citizenship

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending