The Student Room Group

Flat mates laugh at me for my diet!!

So Im in halls and my flatmates seem to find my diet funny! They don't say anything to my face but I see them sniggering when they think I'm not looking! I eat quite a lot of vegan-y style foods (although I'm not a vegan), like lentils, chick peas, kidney beans, Pearl barley, bulgar wheat and lots of veg. This seems to amuse my flat mates- maybe the food is foreign to them, maybe they think it looks disgusting, idk.

But its really starting to annoy me! I just feel judged all the time and am now starting to feel uncomfortable cooking in the kitchen!

What is wrong with what I eat? Does this sound wierd to you guys? How do I deal with them??
just say 'is there a problem?' next time you notice it. Good on you for eating healthily at uni! :smile:
So what? It's just food don't let it affect you. It's such a silly thing for them to judge and it's silly for you to take it to heart. It'll only affect you if you let it
They'll probably get bored laughing at the same thing (which isn't funny at all, but a good thing) and if they don't get a reaction out of you.
They need to grow up and acquire some cooking skills - I think what you're cooking sounds lovely!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Not a big deal.

Don't take them seriously.
Original post by schmuur
So Im in halls and my flatmates seem to find my diet funny! They don't say anything to my face but I see them sniggering when they think I'm not looking! I eat quite a lot of vegan-y style foods (although I'm not a vegan), like lentils, chick peas, kidney beans, Pearl barley, bulgar wheat and lots of veg. This seems to amuse my flat mates- maybe the food is foreign to them, maybe they think it looks disgusting, idk.

But its really starting to annoy me! I just feel judged all the time and am now starting to feel uncomfortable cooking in the kitchen!

What is wrong with what I eat? Does this sound weird to you guys? How do I deal with them??

There is nothing wrong with what you eat, it all sounds yummy to me :smile:. I would ignore them but if it's really annoying you, tell them to stop it because your diet is none of their business. But like the others have said, don't let it get to you, their opinion doesn't matter.
Reply 7
Original post by schmuur

What is wrong with what I eat? Does this sound wierd to you guys? How do I deal with them??

How are university students so childish? Tell them to go back to primary school :yy:

Quick Reply

Latest