The Student Room Group

Does anyone know a proof of this.

I was wondering if there was an elegant proof for the relation shown in this image.

I think I formulated the expression correctly however I failed to prove it.

Thanks.
Reply 1
Original post by Louisb19
I was wondering if there was an elegant proof for the relation shown in this image.

Thanks.

I can only think of a similar approach
(not fit at present to do any !!)
Reply 4
Original post by Louisb19

Thanks.

https://www.quora.com/What-is-a-clear-and-detailed-proof-that-the-diagonal-of-Pascals-triangle-sums-into-Fibonacci-number
Reply 6
Original post by Student403
Ooh that Mark Gritter guy I follow him on Quora! He went to Stanford :3

You're on Quora? I refuse to join because stackexchange is so much better. :lol:
Original post by Zacken
You're on Quora? I refuse to join because stackexchange is so much better. :lol:

I am but I use my irl name so I can't tell anyone :ninja: Stack exchange is great and I go there for all my coding/programming problems but it's a lot more focused (which can be good for some and not so good for others).

I use Quora cause of the randomness of the feed which lets me learn a lot more about areas outside of my interests
Reply 8
I am but I use my irl name so I can't tell anyone :ninja: Stack exchange is great and I go there for all my coding/programming problems but it's a lot more focused (which can be good for some and not so good for others).

I use Quora cause of the randomness of the feed which lets me learn a lot more about areas outside of my interests

Ah, okay. :biggrin:

Stackexchange has that thing on the sidebars, I can't tell you the number of times I've ended up learning about aviation, childcare tips, cycling safety, academia, etc... :lol:
Original post by Zacken
Ah, okay. :biggrin:

Stackexchange has that thing on the sidebars, I can't tell you the number of times I've ended up learning about aviation, childcare tips, cycling safety, academia, etc... :lol:

Childcare tips/cycling safety :rofl:

I love seeing the professors and PhDs at crazy places like MIT just writing casually and explaining physics to everyone. They're amazing at breaking it down for the laymen
Reply 10
Childcare tips/cycling safety :rofl:

I love seeing the professors and PhDs at crazy places like MIT just writing casually and explaining physics to everyone. They're amazing at breaking it down for the laymen

I know, right! I'm like "fam, you should be doing research, why are you answering my dumb question about induction" :rofl:
Original post by Zacken
I know, right! I'm like "fam, you should be doing research, why are you answering my dumb question about induction" :rofl:

I've thought that so many times :lol:
Original post by Zacken

I think the answer to that - and one you'll hear from many active researchers - is that reflecting on the simple basic facts of science and trying to communicate these to non-experts is extraordinarily fertile for helping think through the really hard stuff. If you can cut to what really matters, then you can cut out all the distracting junk to get to the heart of an unsolved problem.
Reply 13
Original post by Gregorius
I think the answer to that - and one you'll hear from many active researchers - is that reflecting on the simple basic facts of science and trying to communicate these to non-experts is extraordinarily fertile for helping think through the really hard stuff. If you can cut to what really matters, then you can cut out all the distracting junk to get to the heart of an unsolved problem.

Good point, thanks for the inside perspective. :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest