The Student Room Group

Mega A Level Maths Thread - Mark V

You've seen this before... If you're a newcomer! This is the 5th A-level Maths thread!

This is for discussion for all boards from C1-4 M1-5 S1-3 and FP1-3

As these are the modules available to all!

But of course you can also.discuss:
D1-2 FP4 M4-5 S4

Post questions, help, tips and messages
Good luck!

Useful Websites:

www.examsolutions.co.uk
https://www.khanacademy.org/
www.m4ths.com (maths247 YouTube official page)
http://www.madasmaths.com/

Edexcel Maths A-level dependency table
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/atta...hmentid=237097
Notes:
- The arrows show dependency one way. The arrow pointing from C1 to C2 shows that C2 is dependent on C1.
- If A is dependent on B, and B is dependent on C, then A is dependent on C. For example, C3 requires C2 and C2 requires C1 so C3 requires C1.
- If a module has no arrows before it (C1, S1, D1) then it is not dependent on any previous A level knowledge.

I'm copying @L'Evil Fish's OP from the original days of this thread.
If there are helpers who want to be identified, then I'll tag you in this OP.

I'm aware there are module specific thread but I found the original versions of this thread to be particularly useful back in the day so thought I'd recreate :h:

@aymanzayedmannan
@Student403
@Zacken
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

This one includes year 12s and anyone really who studies the A level :h:.
Remind me, what modules are you doing again @Student403?
Reply 4
I suppose I could be a helper. :dontknow:
Original post by Kvothe the arcane
Remind me, what modules are you doing again @Student403?

Cool thread! Remember to add madasmaths to the links.

I've done: C1, C2, C3, M1, S1, FP1

I am doing: C4, D1, M2, M3, S2, FP2, FP3, M4 and M5 (but don't plan to take any past exams or the real exam in M4/M5)
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Student403
Cool thread! Remember to add madasmaths to the links.

I've done: C1, C2, C3, M1, S1, FP1

I am doing: C4, M2, M3, S2, FP2, FP3, M4 and M5 (but don't plan to take any past exams or the real exam in M4/M5)

pardon?

Nice. I've done C1-C4(100,94,82,82), M1(68 :erm:), S1(78) and Fp1(94) and I'm working on Fp2-3, M2, S2 and D1
(edited 8 years ago)
pardon?

Nice. I've done C1-C4, M1, S1 and Fp1 and I'm working on Fp2-3, M2, S2 and D1

I meant I won't be taking the real exams and so won't be completing any past papers.

Good set :yep: Oops I forgot D1 let me add that
I meant I won't be taking the real exams and so won't be completing any past papers.

Good set :yep: Oops I forgot D1 let me add that

So what do you mean you're doing? Do you mean to say you're learning the material in some sense - perhaps for STEP? How much content have you covered so far and do you have any weak points?
So what do you mean you're doing? Do you mean to say you're learning the material in some sense - perhaps for STEP? How much content have you covered so far and do you have any weak points?

I'm just learning M4/M5 for fun, yeah. Not even STEP - just to help me I guess at uni

I've covered a little bit of M4 but I've been on a hiatus from the self teaching. I think I'd need to go through to pinpoint my weaknesses because I'm doing a fair few modules this year :laugh: It's great that you've covered yours in your blog though!
I'm just learning M4/M5 for fun, yeah. Not even STEP - just to help me I guess at uni

I've covered a little bit of M4 but I've been on a hiatus from the self teaching. I think I'd need to go through to pinpoint my weaknesses because I'm doing a fair few modules this year :laugh: It's great that you've covered yours in your blog though!

I'm sure I'll be in here in a week or two with my moments difficulties!

What's your favourite module?
I'm sure I'll be in here in a week or two with my moments difficulties!

What's your favourite module?

No worries we'd be happy to help :yep:

I'd say my favourite this year has been teaching M3 because it was the first hard module I self taught and I felt a great sense of achievement completing my first past papers and realising that I can actually learn tough things on my own.

How about you?
Reply 12
No worries we'd be happy to help :yep:

I'd say my favourite this year has been teaching M3 because it was the first hard module I self taught and I felt a great sense of achievement completing my first past papers and realising that I can actually learn tough things on my own.

How about you?

M3 is bae innit m8
so i'm getting B's in my maths gcse currently and might be able to scrape an A

should I take a level maths?
Original post by ZiggyStarDust_

Sure but maybe not further maths. A few friends who got Bs are working at A standards at A2

Original post by aymanzayedmannan
M3 is bae innit m8

Really is :biggrin:
Reply 15

What courses are you think of applying for at uni?
Reply 16

You'll need a lot of work at A-level, but sure, Ziggy Stardust! It's possible with a lot of practice.
Original post by Zacken

I want to do an English degree, kek

I wanted to take maths though, to vary my choices(I'm planning to take English lit, psychology, french & maths) and keep my options open.
and I've heard how "respected" the maths A level is, so I figured I could take it.
Reply 18
Original post by Zacken

Sure but maybe not further maths. A few friends who got Bs are working at A standards at A2

Let's not forget that physicsmaths got an A at GCSE too :redface:
I want to do an English degree, kek

I wanted to take maths though, to vary my choices(I'm planning to take English lit, psychology, french & maths) and keep my options open.
and I've heard how "respected" the maths A level is, so I figured I could take it.

Those sound cool :smile: Are you sure you don't want to do history or something at A level?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending