The Student Room Group

I messed up my first interview? :(

My first interview was actually the uni I wanted to go to but I did pretty badly.
During the group interview I made some points but I just made my point and then shut up but the other people were having actually discussions and looking at everyone, adding to others' points and just seemed like they really knew what they were talking about. I think I also made a couple of points that I shouldn't have.

Then during the individual interview I just babbled on and said everything I was thinking but I didn't really answer the questions the way they wanted because after they'd explain like "no I meant in a practical setting" then I'd try again but that answer wasn't much better. I just couldn't find the words to describe what I wanted to say so just thought of something else. On the way home I just thought of all the things I should have said cause actually I've had a lot of experience with nurses and I should have even said that I did but my mind went blank. My lack of sleep didn't make it any better cause the day before I only slept 4 hours and was awake for 25 hours then slept 3 hours again because I had to wake up at 1 to go through the interview. Then I stupidly didn't eat anything the whole day so I just sounded like a zombie or like someone who didn't want to be there cause I had no energy

I think I did well in the tests but that isn't going to get me a place since they take people who were in the top tier when you add everything together. I feel so disappointed because I tried so hard on everything because it's the only uni that I want to go to and the one where Im confident I can meet the entry requirements.

How do I raise my confidence back up for my next interviews?
Reply 1
Don't give up yet.

Take plenty of rest before your next interview so you will be able to actually say something useful.

Be grateful for the opportunity because many people would like to be in your position.

And relax, it's just a talk.

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply